You may feel unsure about what your next steps should be after losing a loved one in a fatal truck accident. Keep in mind that you have legal options and can hold the liable party accountable. Our team is ready to help you seek justice so that you can spend time with your family.
A Bel Air South truck accident lawyer from our firm can answer all of your questions and handle all the details of your case. We make the legal system more accessible to grieving families who want help filing their cases. When you hire us, you do not need to handle your claim alone.
What Can Our Bel Air South Fatal Truck Accident Attorneys Do?
Our Bel Air South personal injury lawyer is prepared to help clients with every aspect of their cases, no matter how challenging or lengthy the case turns out to be. Our dedicated, knowledgeable team can do all of the following and much more:
- Provide a free case evaluation that will inform you of your legal rights and options
- Collect evidence including medical records, video footage, police records, and witness statements
- Fill out and file paperwork on your behalf, or help you fill out paperwork to ensure it is done accurately and on time
- Figure out who the liable party is and how much money they may owe you
- Meet with the liable party to negotiate a settlement that covers current and future damages
- Take the liable party to court and present a compelling case before a jury
- Update you on your case’s progress on a regular basis and help you decide how to respond to new developments as they arise
- Speak with all other parties on your behalf so you do not ever have to be alone with the person responsible for your loved one’s passing
Our Bel Air South Truck Accident Team Puts You First
Our firm is never too busy to deal with a client’s questions or concerns. Not only do we give you our email address and phone number, but we also give you a separate number that you can text for assistance twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
In addition, you will pay us no attorney’s fees until after you receive your compensation. By working with us on a contingency-fee basis, you:
- Can get the legal representation you want right now
- Do not have to worry about how you will pay for our services
- Pay no attorney’s fees if we do not win your case
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in Bel Air South, call (410)777-8960
Do You Qualify for Truck Accident Compensation?
If the fatal accident was someone else’s fault, then you may qualify for truck accident compensation. However, the liable party’s insurance company might not make it easy for you to collect that money. You could find yourself confronting an insurer that:
- Denies their client caused the accident
- Blames your loved one for what happened
- Tries to pressure you into recording a statement or accepting a settlement that is too small
- Is unwilling to negotiate a settlement with you
- Will not respond to any of your communications
You do not have to deal with such issues alone. A Bel Air South fatal truck accident lawyer from MD Accident Law can talk to the liable party, their insurer, and their attorneys on your behalf. We will make sure you ask for what you truly need. That may include damages such as:
- Loss of financial support: This is an estimate of the money your loved one would have contributed to your household over their lifetime.
- Funeral and burial expenses: You could be reimbursed for the money you spent on burying your loved one and hosting a funeral service for them.
- Loss of companionship: Whether you were the decedent’s child, spouse, or parent, they played a unique role in your life that no one else can ever fill.
- Emotional suffering: Losing someone so suddenly is a terrible shock. You could be dealing with the emotional consequences of the accident for a long time to come.
Bear in mind that the statute of limitations, found at Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, allows you just three years to file a wrongful death case. If you miss this deadline, you may no longer qualify for fatal truck accident compensation.
Your family has already paid the price for the liable party’s negligence. Now is your chance to hold them responsible for what they have done and recover compensation for your losses.
Bel Air South Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who To Sue for a Fatal Truck Accident in Bel Air South
In most situations, you could end up suing the truck driver and/or the trucking company that employs them. Examples of cases where these two parties could be liable for a fatal accident include when:
- The driver failed to obey the rules of the road, such as following traffic signs or the posted speed limit
- The trucking company pushed the driver to behave in unsafe ways or did not provide the driver with the tools and training they needed to behave safely
- The truck was not loaded properly, resulting in an unsafe condition that contributed to the accident
Other possible liable parties include:
- The mechanic responsible for maintaining a vehicle that malfunctioned
- The government agency responsible for maintaining the roadway or for making sure the trucking company follows all regulations
- A manufacturer who knowingly sold a faulty car or truck part that contributed to the fatal accident
If you are facing a situation where you must consider filing a wrongful death case, please accept our condolences for your loss. We take our duty to our clients very seriously and would treat you with all of the dignity and compassion you deserve at this time.
Call Us After a Bel Air South Fatal Truck Accident
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow cares deeply for our clients and wants to make your legal experience easier in any way we can. Call today to find out how a Bel Air South fatal truck accident lawyer can help you receive both the justice and the money your family needs to move forward.