If a car hit you while riding your bike and the at-fault driver was negligent in causing the crash, our Baltimore personal injury lawyer will help you recoup the costs of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We will investigate your accident and speak with the at-fault driver, their insurance company, and the insurance adjuster.
Our Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer will review your case for free, document the at-fault party’s negligence, and define their financial liability. At MD Accident Law, we will help you file an effective insurance claim or lawsuit. We strive to recover the financial compensation that lets you start putting your life back together.
Financial Compensation for Baltimore Bicycle Accident Victims
A bicycle accident can take a significant financial toll on you and your family. Because your injuries can be serious and require your full focus, it can be challenging to assess your damages on your own. When our law firm does it for you, we are careful to include all of the following that apply to your personal injury claim:
Compensation we pursue for your economic damages includes:
- Injury-related therapies
- Injury-related medical bills
- Diminished property value
- Property damage or total loss
- Reduced earning capability
- Loss of income due to your injuries
Compensation we pursue for your non-economic damages includes:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death damages we pursue after a bicycle accident fatality include:
- Funeral, burial, and cremation costs
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of companionship and guidance
- Loss of consortium, society, and support
- Loss of your loved one’s domestic services
When our wrongful death team assesses your case, we create a detailed list of your recoverable damages and check it for accuracy before submitting your demand letter. We also provide receipts, bills, and other documents that substantiate the monetary value of your case.
How Maryland’s Statute of Limitations Affects Bicycle Accident Lawsuits
Your injuries and recovery can prevent you from participating in your case as quickly and as fully as you might prefer. The state imposes a statute of limitations, though, that must be met in your case. Generally speaking:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the better. It will mean we can collect physical evidence and speak to witnesses while their memories are vivid. It will also mean we can explain the applicable statute of limitations and the steps we take to file your lawsuit on time.
For legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Baltimore, call (410)777-8960
How the State of Maryland Defines Bicycle Accident Negligence
To establish your right to compensation, our bicycle accident lawyer serving Baltimore will prove the required elements of negligence. They include the at-fault driver’s duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. For example, a motorist may have violated a traffic law, such as exceeding the speed limit, which may have caused or contributed to your bike crash.
Our team at MD Accident Law will also organize your evidence collection and submit it with your demand letter to steer your case toward a settlement, rather than a trial.
Evidence that Supports Your Baltimore Bicycle Accident Case
The police report generated after your accident will contain a wealth of important details we can use to prove the at-fault driver was negligent. It will also contain key contact information, police-generated photos, and notes and diagrams from the investigating officer. We also collect:
- Proof of income
- Witness statements
- First responder reports
- Medical records and bills
We order your police reports and the other evidence we need and will not require you or your family to order or obtain anything.
Baltimore Bicycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Handles Your Compensation Request
Our law firm has more than ten years of experience representing clients injured by someone else’s negligence. We support every client we represent by:
- Providing around-the-clock communication, including assigning you a unique number for 24/7 text capability
- Conducting a thorough and comprehensive investigation into every aspect of your accident
- Gathering any available physical evidence and obtaining supporting paperwork and documentation
- Handle all case-related paperwork and communication, including negotiating with the insurance company and their adjuster
- Providing you with regular and timely updates as your case progresses and develops
We make your case a priority because we care deeply about our clients and the impact the accident has on your life. We will review the details of your case at no cost or obligation and explain the strategy we develop to recover the compensation you deserve.
Reviews from Previous MD Accident Law Clients
On our testimonials page, clients our law firm represented in previous personal injury cases say the following about our legal service and support:
- Frank J.: “Adam M. Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important, and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.”
- Minassie K.: “I just couldn’t deal with insurance companies … Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case, everything went smoothly. Not only are all my injured pains gone, but my settlement was more than I [had] expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.”
Don’t settle for anyone else. Our entire team is devoted to representing injured individuals and holding negligent parties financially liable for their actions.
Call for Your Free Bicycle Accident Consultation Today
If you or someone you love was struck by a negligent driver while riding your bicycle, our Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer will pursue the at-fault driver for compensation. We will take on the insurance company and request the best possible outcome on your behalf.