A large truck collision can cause severe damage or complete destruction of the smaller passenger vehicle. The driver and passengers in the smaller vehicle are also more likely to sustain life-threatening or fatal injuries. After a collision like this, our Towson truck accident lawyer can help you recover financial compensation.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we will investigate your accident and identify the at-fault party. In some cases, there might be multiple parties to pursue. On your own, it can be difficult to understand who to pursue. When you trust your case to our law firm, you can leave the hard work to us. In other words, let us focus on your case so you can focus on healing.
Recoverable Truck Accident Damages in Towson
A collision with a large truck can lead to severe injuries. Your injuries can entail a long road of costly medical care at the same time they prevent you from returning to work to support yourself and your family.
Our truck accident lawyer in the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will help you recover compensation, including:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Past, present, and future pain and suffering
- Property damages, loss, and diminished property value
- Mental and emotional trauma and distress
If a loved one was fatally injured, certain members of your family could be eligible for wrongful death damages. These can include your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses. It can also include loss of companionship and parental guidance.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Towson, call (410)777-8960
What You Need to Know About Our Law Firm’s Fight for You
Your truck accident case is a priority to every member of our team. To ensure you get the legal and personal support you need, our truck accident team will handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Order your police report, medical records, and other important documents without taxing you
- Investigate and compile, organize, and submit compelling evidence and documentation
- Ensure around-the-clock communication with you via phone, email, and text availability
- Suggest medical providers we trust with our own friends, families, and team members
Maryland is one of only four states in the U.S. with a contributory negligence law that bans you from receiving any compensation at all if even one percent of the liability for the accident is assigned to you. Our team will protect you from any unfair accusations that might place partial responsibility for the accident on you.
What It Means to Put Our Truck Accident Lawyer Behind Your Fight
Our law firm works hard for the clients we represent. Previous clients say the following about working with our personal injury team:
- Chris Gunnels: “Adam is a great personal injury attorney. He is personable and professional, but also strong and aggressive when necessary…He does an amazing job for his clients and is the attorney I will always refer injury cases to in Maryland. I highly recommend Adam!”
- Paul Majewski II: “I highly recommend! Adam truly helped our family in a time of need. He was able to right a wrong and we received a judgment against a very tough insurance company that way exceeded our expectations.”
You can read additional testimonials like these on our client reviews page. They give you insight into what it means to work with a truck accident team that is committed to you and to your recovery.
Towson Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Act Promptly to Meet Personal Injury Case Filing Deadlines in Maryland
If settlement negotiations in your truck accident case are prolonged or a settlement is not forthcoming, our lawyer can take additional legal action on your behalf. However, there is limited time to take action for your case, so we advise starting promptly after your crash.
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the truck accident, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years from the truck accident-related loss of a family member, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
If your case is not filed before the statute of limitations expires, you might be unable to file it at all. Even if you do manage to file your case late, the at-fault party’s representative can request — and is likely to be granted — its immediate dismissal.
With sufficient notice from you, we ensure timely filing and protect your case from these negative consequences.
Liability for Truck Accident Cases in Maryland
A primary reason truck accident cases are complicated is because they can have more than one at-fault party, which can make accurately assigning and apportioning liability complicated. When our law firm handles your case, we start by identifying all potentially liable parties that may be responsible for compensating you.
These can include:
The Truck Driver
The driver could be liable for your damages if their actions contributed to the accident. Driver negligence can include distractions, intoxication, and other traffic violations. The driver could also be liable if he is an owner/operator of the truck.
The Trucking Company
The truck driver’s employer could ultimately bear liability for an employee’s negligence on the roads. The trucking company could also be liable if they hired an untrained or unlicensed driver or if he encouraged his driver to falsify or exceed hours-of-service regulations. The company could also be liable if they failed to properly maintain their vehicle.
The Truck or Parts Manufacturer
If your accident was caused by a manufacturing or design flaw or defect, the company that manufactured your truck could be liable for your injuries. If faulty or defective tires, brakes, windshield wipers, or other components caused the accident, their maker can be held liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Review of Your Truck Accident Case
Were you or someone you love injured in a truck accident in Towson? If you were, our truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help. Our entire team will get behind your fight for compensation. We will prepare your case and negotiate on your behalf.
Contact one of our team members to review your case for free. You can start fighting for financial compensation today.