Accidents kill tens of thousands of people in the United States every year. They lead to serious, long-term injuries and bodily harm for millions more. The law gives you the right to seek compensation for the injuries and damages you suffer because of someone else.
If you experienced these circumstances, our firm’s Towson personal injury lawyer can gather evidence, evaluate your losses, and help you fight for financial recovery. However, before doing so, we must determine the cause of your accident, quantify your losses, and identify the party responsible. We discuss each of these steps in the sections below.
Recovering Damages in a Towson Personal Injury Case
Never underestimate the potential long-term impact of an accident. Injuries can linger for months or years or have various long-term effects on your life. They may even take days to manifest, as is common with injuries like whiplash. This may cause you to disregard the opportunity to pursue damages.
For legal consultation with a personal injury attorney in Towson, call (410)777-8960
The Types of Damages You May Recover
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages in a personal injury claim:
- Lost income
- Inability to work
- Treatment of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost consortium or companionship
These losses can run into the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, meaning a single accident can significantly impact your family’s financial stability. You should not have to shoulder these additional burdens. Allow our law firm to help you seek financial recovery.
Towson Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
We Represent Victims in a Variety of Cases
Personal injury law can pertain to a wide array of scenarios. Our firm represents victims of many different types of accidents. Here are some of the leading causes of injuries we may be able to build a case around:
- Motor vehicle collisions: These include car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents.
- Nursing home incidents: These can include cases of elder abuse or neglect by the nursing home staff and, in some cases, healthcare providers.
- Workplace accidents: The wide variety of workplace accidents may include slip-and-fall accidents, being struck by objects or materials, machine malfunctions, exposure to caustic chemical accidents, or inadequate training and supervision.
- Premises liability issues: Examples include slip-and-fall accidents, electrocution, animal attacks, or injuries from other hazards.
- Medical malpractice: This area includes any injuries caused by misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, inadequate testing, inadequate caretaker training, or diagnostic or surgical errors.
- Defective products: You could seek damages if you suffered harm from a defective or malfunctioning product.
If you are unsure whether you have the basis for a claim, you can get a complimentary case review with our team.
Our Fee Agreement Means Zero Financial Risk for You
Many people are slow to seek legal representation because “lawyers are expensive.” We understand your hesitation. Yet, our personal injury team works on a contingency-fee basis, minimizing your financial risk.
From your initial complimentary consultation to your case’s conclusion, we cover all expenses. After your claim settles, we will recover our expenses and fees from your settlement amount.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Action in Towson
You must file your personal injury lawsuit within the statute of limitations. Consider the following:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is three years, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also three years, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904.
- In medical malpractice cases, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109, the statute of limitations could be three to five years, depending on your situation.
Your lawyer will evaluate your case and determine how long you have to act. Then, they’ll employ a course of action that meets your needs.
Liability for Personal Injury
For each case type outlined above, a different party may be held liable for the victim’s losses. For example, for nursing home injuries, the facility’s staff member or administrator may be at fault for failing to protect their residents.
Similarly, a doctor, nurse, or hospital administrator may be responsible for patient injuries in a medical malpractice case. Depending on the circumstances, cases may be brought against the nursing home or medical facility.
You may be able to hold another driver, a vehicle servicing crew, a road repair crew, or a commercial entity at fault for your losses if their actions caused or contributed to your collision. The same applies to premises liability cases when property owner negligence or a failure to meet safety standards causes or contributes to an accident.
Our team can help you determine the cause of your accident and identify the party responsible. From there, we can begin building your case.
We Can Prove Liability by Establishing Negligence
To recover damages following a personal injury, you must establish the other party’s negligence. Using evidence, this involves showing:
- Duty of care: The defendant had a duty to act responsibly or perform a specific duty, such as driving within the laws of the road.
- Breach of duty: The defendant failed to act in a responsible manner by speeding or driving recklessly.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions directly caused the injuries you suffered.
- Damages: You incurred financial losses as a result of getting hurt. Examples may include medical bills, lost income, and other damages.
Our personal injury team will compile the evidence necessary to prove negligence in your case. You can learn more about negligence (along with other legal concepts) during your free case review.
We Will Use Evidence To Support Your Injury Case
To build a strong case, we must have supporting evidence, such as:
- Your medical bills
- Your doctor’s opinion on your injuries
- Wage and earning statements
- The police or accident report
- Photos, videos, and any visual evidence relating to your accident
- Statements from witnesses
- Product recall information
In some cases, we may bring in expert witnesses to provide technical expertise or reconstruct an accident to prove what happened.
How We Can Help
Our team can help you get compensation to cover your treatment costs and other related expenses. We’re ready to serve you by:
- Fighting for the compensation you deserve by emphasizing the impact that the incident has had on you and your loved ones
- Providing a unique number for 24/7 text communication so that you are always fully aware and up to date regarding your case
- Identifying the at-fault party responsible for your losses
- Quantifying your losses
- Gathering the evidence needed to build a case
- Explaining the insurance rules and state laws that apply to your case
From your first case review to the final resolution of your claim, our injury team will be by your side.
Our Clients Share Their Satisfaction with Us
In the years that we’ve served our community, previous clients have shared:
- “Mr. Adam Smallow represented me in an accident case where I was hit in the back while sitting at a light. He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case. We even did a mock trial before we went to court to help prepare me for trial. That was very helpful.” ––Connie H.
- “Mr. Smallow represented me in a case and he kept in touch before and during the case and kept me abreast and he delivered everything he promised. Case came out great for me.” ––Sean M.
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” ––Dana
Reach Out to Our Firm Today
Consider working with a Towson personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. You are not just a case file or number to us. You are a person who has suffered due to someone else’s negligence. We take that personally and will fight for you every step of the way.
Our personal injury team is ready to schedule your free case evaluation. Do not hesitate to reach out—let us get started on your case today.