Motorcycle collisions can leave you and your family grappling with serious injuries, medical bills, and your inability to work for days, weeks, or even longer. Fortunately, you have the right to seek monetary compensation from whoever caused your accident.
You can use this compensation to help support your family and pay your bills and hold the at-fault party responsible for their negligence. A Towson motorcycle accident lawyer from Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers would be glad to help you file your case. For more information contact our Towson personal injury lawyer.
Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Serious Damage
There are many types of compensation available for those who have suffered a personal injury in a traffic accident. This includes money for the physical and psychological pain related to the accident, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Additionally, you may qualify for compensation for your financial losses, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage and repair expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
If you and your family have suffered unnecessarily in a negligence-related motorcycle accident, let the trusted team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers fight for you. We also take wrongful death cases if you have a loved one who did not survive the accident.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Towson, call (410)777-8960
How We Can Fight for Motorcycle Accident Compensation
Our Towson motorcycle accident lawyer can work hard on your case while you take all the time you need to recover, process the accident, and spend time with your loved ones. We help our clients build cases by:
- Assessing their situation: At no cost or risk to you, a member of our team will tell you if you have a legal case and how we can assist you with it.
- Gathering evidence: For instance, we might request a copy of the police report or your medical records, interview witnesses, and examine photos of the accident site.
- Finding the liable party: Should you sue a reckless driver, a negligent car part manufacturer, or someone else? We can use the evidence we collect to figure that out.
- Calculating damages: How much are your injuries worth? Our team can also use various forms of evidence to answer this vital question before we contact the liable party about your case.
- Pursuing damages: Whether we need to seek a pretrial settlement or a jury award, we can do what it takes to protect your right to compensation.
- Staying in close contact: We are available to help clients 24/7 via a dedicated phone number. All you have to do is text us your question, and we will respond as quickly as possible.
At no point would you be left to fend for yourself. The team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers would do everything necessary to keep your case going. That includes:
- Sending and receiving paperwork
- Keeping in touch with all of the involved parties, including the court
- Speaking to the insurance company on your behalf
- Preparing you to give testimony, if we decide that this would be helpful
- Updating you about your case
- Helping you make important legal decisions, like when it is time to stop negotiating and take your case to court
For ten years now, our firm has supported clients in their hour of need. If you want a firm that is dedicated to helping individuals—not corporations—recover a fair outcome after a motorcycle accident, we can be there for you.
Towson Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Filing Your Motorcycle Accident Case in Time
Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years to file a case against whoever caused your accident. This may seem like a long time, but:
- You already have a lot of other things, such as medical treatment, to keep you occupied
- Evidence can deteriorate rapidly after an accident, so it is better to collect it as soon as possible
- The insurance company may try to undervalue or deny your claim
- Your family needs that money as soon as they can get it
Once the three-year deadline passes, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to get a judge to agree to accept your case. Your right to collect damages and hold the at-fault party accountable would be gone forever.
Hiring an attorney can make it a lot easier for you to pursue the compensation your family needs, especially if you have suffered catastrophic injuries. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can start working to secure your damages.
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen and How to Prevent Them
After a motorcycle accident, you could have a case against one or more of the following parties:
- A driver who engaged in any of the risky behaviors identified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), such as speeding or drunk driving
- The driver’s employer, if they were on the clock at the time and if their employer did something (e.g., did not maintain the vehicle correctly) that increased the risk of an accident
- A parts manufacturer, if your motorcycle or another party’s car malfunctioned due to a faulty part
- A local government agency that did not address roadway hazards, such as broken street signs or large cracks in the pavement
Motorcyclists can protect themselves from accidents by always paying attention to their surroundings, obeying all traffic laws, and making sure their bike is in good shape. You should also wear a helmet and other protective gear, just in case these measures are not enough and you end up in an accident.
If another party’s negligence played a role in your motorcycle accident, you deserve the chance to hold them responsible, even if they are a big company with a lot of resources. Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can give you that chance.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Work for You
Ready to learn more about what our Towson motorcycle accident lawyer can do for you? Get in touch with Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers today. Our firm fights hard for every one of our clients, and we never charge attorney’s fees until after we have won a case.