If you (or a loved one) suffered a hit-and-run car accident in Delaware, you might be seriously injured and even outraged. You deserve compensation for your injuries, but this can prove even more complicated with an at-fault driver who flees the scene of the accident.
Our personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you. We can negotiate with your insurers for fair compensation or, if the other driver is identified, sue them for all of your damages. In a simple, free consultation, we’ll review your case and go over how a Delaware hit-and-run accident lawyer from our firm can help.
What Is the Hit-and-Run Law in Delaware?
In the state of Delaware, the law regarding car accidents is very clear. It states that in the event of an accident, all parties involved must remain on the scene, assist any injured individuals, and report the accident to the authorities. If a party flees the accident scene, that party is committing a crime. This crime could be a felony if another party is injured or loses their life due to their injuries.
If you’re injured or if a loved one lost their life due to the accident in your case, per Delaware law, you (and any directly affected family members) are entitled to damages. You can pursue these damages through your insurance and, if the hit-and-run driver is identified, you can pursue certain damages through their insurance. You can even sue them for your damages if you like.
You should know that if you have uninsured motorist coverage, you may still be compensated for your damages even if the hit-and-run driver is unidentifiable. A lawyer from our firm can help with this type of claim, as well.
For legal consultation with a hit-and-run accident attorney in Delaware, call (410)777-8960
What Damages Can I Get in a Hit-and-Run Case in Delaware?
The problem with pursuing damages through your insurer or the other driver’s insurer is that they may not cover certain damages, like pain and suffering. You deserve compensation for such damages, though. Our legal team may suggest pursuing legal action against the at-fault driver.
One of our firm’s lawyers can help, especially if the hit-and-run driver is identified. Our lawyer can pursue the following damages for you:
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Any impairment or disability you have
- Any disfigurement you may have
- Your mental suffering
- Any emotional trauma you may have
- Any loss of enjoyment of certain activities
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Your medical bills
- Your bills for the repair of your vehicle
Wrongful Death Damages
If a loved one lost their life in the accident, our fatal car accident lawyers can help. It would be our privilege to pursue wrongful death damages on behalf of your family. These damages can include funeral and burial expenses and your loved one’s medical bills and income.
Delaware Hit-and-Run Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Should I Hire a Delaware Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer?
You should consider hiring a lawyer from our firm for your case. You won’t have to manage any aspect of your case at all since our lawyers will take care of everything for you. This will let you focus on other matters, like your recovery and your family.
Additionally, our lawyers can help to get the compensation you deserve from insurance, such as by demanding certain damages from the hit-and-run driver’s insurer. Alternatively, your lawyer could sue the driver directly, which could help you recover all of your damages and find some sense of justice in your hit-and-run case.
Our Delaware hit-and-run lawyers can take care of all of the following for you and more:
- Identifying all of your damages: There may be some damages you aren’t aware of or aren’t aware you can claim, such as certain intangible damages that can be difficult to identify or claim. Our lawyers can identify such damages.
- Establishing liability in your case: The authorities will pursue the hit-and-run driver and charge them with a crime, but our lawyers will still have to establish their liability for the accident and your damages. To do this, they will seek out and show evidence, such as traffic camera footage of the accident, and then show each of the elements of negligence in your case, including duty of care and breach of duty.
- Negotiating for your damages: Our legal team can negotiate with your insurers for damages, including any damages they may not typically cover and compensate for. They can also demand certain damages from the other driver’s insurer.
- Litigating your case: If necessary, or instead of negotiating at all, our lawyers can file a lawsuit and take your case to court. There, they can fight for a fair resolution and even punitive damages.
Service Beyond the Standard
As a personal injury firm, we know precisely how to handle a case like yours, and as a purely service-oriented firm, we know how to help a client with your needs. If you hire a member of our legal team, we will give you a unique text number for 24/7 availability via text communication. We can even refer you to medical providers we trust if you need further care.
Additionally, our attorneys will work for you in an affordable contingency-fee arrangement. In the arrangement, you won’t pay your attorney any fees until and unless your attorney is successful with your case.
Learn More About Hiring One of Our Hit-and-Run Attorneys Serving Delaware
In a hit-and-run case, it can be difficult to get fair compensation through insurance and to find a sense of justice. However, our firm can help you get both. One of our Delaware hit-and-run accident attorneys will do everything necessary for success in your case, including suing the other driver.
To learn more about our service, consult with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow for free.