If a car accident in Joppatowne caused your loved one’s passing, you may deserve a recovery for your substantial loss. Though a judgment or settlement will not bring your loved one back, it may help you and your loved ones move forward with your lives.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will handle your case while you focus on your loved ones and yourself. After your tragic loss, you don’t have to worry about a wrongful death action. We’ll stand with you in your time of need.
Losses That Occur When a Loved One Passes Away Suddenly
When a car accident results in a fatality, their loved ones generally suffer many different losses. The decedent may also suffer damages before their passing. Our firm focuses on all damages resulting from a fatal car accident, which may include:
The Decedent’s Pain and Suffering
Before your loved one passed away, they may have experienced pain and suffering. Pain from injuries is just one type of pain and suffering that we will consider.
Your Own Pain and Suffering
You and your loved ones have undoubtedly endured pain and suffering, too. This may include:
- The grief of losing your loved one
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship and emotional support
- Loss of guidance and other benefits that your loved one provided
These are generally recoverable losses in wrongful death cases. We may also get compensation to cover counseling and any other treatment you need for your pain and suffering.
Funerals generally cost five figures, as Healthline explains. Whether or not you’ve already completed your loved one’s funeral service, we may seek coverage for the entire cost from those responsible for this tragedy.
If your loved one received medical care after their accident, liable parties may cover the entire cost. Recoverable medical costs may stem from:
- Ambulance or medevac transport
- Emergency department care
- Hospitalization, including any time spent in the intensive care unit
- Any other medical care your loved one received
Attempts by medical professionals to save a car accident’s life can be costly. Your family may be charged for such medical care but may not have to pay. If another party is responsible for your loved one’s accident, they may be financially responsible for outstanding medical costs.
Lost Financial Support
Your loved one was more than just a car accident victim. They may have been a parent, sibling, child, and among their other defining qualities, a professional. This means that they may have earned a regular income, and perhaps supported their loved ones with that income.
When you lose a loved one in a fatal car accident, you may also lose:
- Your loved one’s salary
- Healthcare and other benefits provided by their employer
- Future earnings, promotions, retirement contributions, and benefits that your loved one could have earned
- Other forms of financial support and protection
A Joppatowne fatal car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will consider each of these damages, and any other damages you have suffered.
Dealing with the realities of a wrongful death case is not easy for most clients we represent. This is one reason why you may hire us to handle every step of your case in Joppatowne.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Joppatowne, call (410)777-8960
Services We Will Provide for Your Fatal Car Accident Case in Joppatowne
Our attorneys and support staff mold our approach to the client’s case. For clients coping with a wrongful death, we will generally:
Gather All Relevant Facts and Evidence
Before we can make an informed legal approach, we must understand the nature of your case. In order to gain a complete understanding of your case, we will:
- Speak with anyone who witnessed your loved one’s accident
- Seek video footage of the collision
- Obtain and review the police report for your loved one’s accident
- Speak with you and your loved ones to get your understanding of the accident
- Hire any experts who can help us interpret evidence
Once we’ve completed the fact- and evidence-finding stage of the case, we will move forward.
Identify Liable Parties
Our investigation will help us determine who is liable for your loved one’s death, and other damages. Once we identify liable parties, we will determine how to seek compensation from them.
Start the Legal Process
Whether we need to file your claim, deal with insurance companies, or start settlement negotiations, we will initiate the legal process for you.
Pursue a Fair Settlement
Settlements are a common outcome for car accident cases, including those that involve a wrongful death. Of course, liable parties must be willing to negotiate in good faith. If those parties will agree to a fair settlement, then we may resolve your case this way.
If your case requires a trial, we will handle this process as well.
Joppatowne Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Why Should You Hire the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow for Your Case in Joppatowne?
Our team wants every client we represent to be completely satisfied with our representation. We strive for this goal by:
- Giving our greatest possible effort in every case we handle
- Providing several direct communication methods, including a unique text number for 24/7 communication, so that you can reach us whenever you need us
- Collaborating with you on major case decisions, like whether to accept a settlement offer
We want to reduce your stress by handling the majority of your case. However, you will have full say in the most important decisions—it is, after all, your case.
Consider a client testimonial that accurately portrays our work ethic and care for clients:
- “Adam M. Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.” – Frank J., former client
As a client, expect compassionate representation. At the same time, expect us to be tough with those who owe you compensation.
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Today for a Free Consultation
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 generally grants you only three years to file a wrongful death claim in Joppatowne. Don’t wait to call us.
A Joppatowne fatal car accident lawyer from our firm will file your case as soon as we possibly can. Call us today and complete your free consultation.