Were you or someone you care about injured in a negligence-related pedestrian accident? A pedestrian lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can help you hold a careless Columbia driver accountable and secure the compensation your family needs.
By hiring our Columbia personal injury lawyer, you put your hands in the case of a dedicated professional so that you and your family have more time to heal in peace. We do not charge attorney’s fees until you get your money, so call us today to get started.
Columbia Allows You to Seek Compensation for Pedestrian Accidents
As the injured party, you have the right to ask the at-fault driver to reimburse your family for whatever you lost because of their carelessness. Among other things, pedestrian accident victims can pursue damages for:
- Disability: Whether temporary or permanent, a disabling injury is painful and inconvenient. You might have to rely more heavily on your family for support and mobility than you did before.
- Reduced quality of life: Both you and your loved ones have suffered because of your inability to take care of yourself or others or to engage in the activities that brought you closer together. Our pedestrian accident lawyers can also seek fair compensation for loss of enjoyment of life.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries have caused you significant distress, irrespective of any other effects they have had on your life. We can calculate a monetary value for your physical pain and emotional anguish.
- Medical expenses: Paying for medical treatment can strain your family’s finances, especially if you need treatments that your health insurance does not cover. Severe injuries can also require ongoing medical care.
- Other expenses: Having to hire other people to do the tasks you no longer can, such as mowing the lawn or cleaning the house, puts an even greater burden on your family.
- Professional losses: This can include anything from a temporary loss of wages, the loss of your job, and a long-term reduction in how much you can earn or your value as a potential employee.
Our personal injury lawyers can represent you on a contingency fee basis so that you do not have to risk further financial losses.
How Much Is Your Columbia Accident Case Worth?
Everyone’s case is different, so it requires careful investigation to determine how much you should seek for your injuries. Even if the insurance company comes to you with a settlement offer, that does not mean the amount they offer is fair.
Our personal injury attorney can make sure you ask for everything you need to take care of your family, both now and for years to come.
Seeking Damages in Columbia Is Less Stressful With Our Lawyers
Our team has over ten years of experience with facing liable parties of all sizes, from individuals to large corporations. Let our pedestrian accident attorneys handle your case so that your family has one less thing to worry about.
Adam M. Smallow wants to make the legal process as simple and accessible as possible. We even help clients get the right medical care by recommending doctors from within our network. Call us to learn more.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Columbia, call (410)777-8960
Our Lawyers Serving Columbia Can File Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Seeking damages can be an arduous process, but help is available. Our Columbia pedestrian accident lawyer would be happy to do all of the work, including:
- Launching an investigation into your accident so we can start collecting evidence to build up your case file
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company until they agree to pay your family a just settlement
- Preparing to take your case to court, if necessary, and representing your interests in the courtroom
- Filling out and submitting all paperwork on your behalf
- Helping you decide which way your case should go by keeping you informed of the situation and advising you about your rights
How to Get Help From Our Pedestrian Accident Legal Team
To get started, you can dial our number and request a free case review. All we require from you is:
- Honesty: Tell us everything about your accident and hold nothing back. We need to know as much as we can about each client’s case, because this helps to inform our strategy and approach.
- Contact information: We want to be able to easily get in touch with you so we can keep you updated on your case’s progress. We also give each client a unique phone number that they can use to text us for help at any time.
- Prompt action: Compensatory damages are only available to those who seek them in a timely fashion. With only three years to begin your case under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, it is very important that you take swift action.
Columbia Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
What to Do After a Fatal Pedestrian Accident in Columbia
According to Zero Deaths Maryland, on average, over one hundred pedestrians die in traffic accidents in the state every year. If your loved one was among them, please accept our sincerest condolences for your loss. Your rights after a fatal pedestrian accident are as follows:
- The right to hire an attorney: A wrongful death lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can listen to your story and come up with a plan for fighting your case.
- The right to pursue damages: You could be eligible for the cost of burying your loved one, the loss of the deceased’s income, and the irreparable loss of your loved one’s presence in your life.
- The right to seek justice: Most of all, your family deserves closure. Holding the at-fault party accountable by taking legal action against them can provide the peace of mind you so dearly deserve.
The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Pedestrian Accidents in Columbia
The time limit for filing a wrongful death action can be found at Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904. Like with personal injury cases, the deadline is set at three years.
Pedestrians are uniquely vulnerable on the road, as they have none of the protection that a motor vehicle offers. If someone else’s negligence caused your loved one’s passing, MD Accident Law can help you pursue a fair outcome to your legal case.
Call Our Columbia Pedestrian Accident Team Today
Do not settle for anyone else: MD Accident Law can champion your rights and help your family recover enough money to start rebuilding your life. Call today to get a free case review. You can reach us whenever you are ready to start. Our Columbia pedestrian accident lawyer would be proud to represent your case.