Motorcycle accidents often leave victims with severe injuries that profoundly affect the rest of their lives. Insurers may try to shift blame onto bike riders, as well, to undervalue or deny their claims. If this has happened to you, we believe you deserve fair compensation that can help you or a loved one access the medical care you need to recover.
After your bike accident in Maryland, a Columbia motorcycle lawyer with MD Accident Law can fight to recover your accident-related losses. Our Columbia personal injury lawyers handle motorcycle accident cases on contingency, so you do not have to worry about paying upfront legal fees. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free consultation.
Compensation Our Columbia Motorcycle Crash Lawyers Can Pursue
Our Columbia motorcycle accident attorneys can seek awards for economic and non-economic losses from your accident. We can gather various documents, such as your medical records, wage statements, and expert witness testimony, as we build your compensation case and go after every penny you deserve.
Take a look at some of the compensatory damages we can seek:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses: Recoverable healthcare costs encompass a wide range of medical interventions, including ambulance transportation, emergency department visits, surgeries, pain medications, hospital stays, medical devices, and ongoing medical care such as check-ups and future treatments.
- Lost income: If your injuries prevent you from earning your regular income, you may be eligible for compensation for lost wages, which can include paid vacation, bonuses, and your hourly rate.
- Reduced earning capacity: If your injuries keep you from earning your pre-injury income due to your injuries, we can seek reduced earning capacity to help you make up the difference.
- Property damage: Damage to your motorcycle, whether repairable or totaled, could be included in the compensation we demand on your behalf.
- Pain and suffering: Damages for the physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress caused by your injuries may also warrant compensation.
- Disability: Temporary or permanent disability resulting from the accident may entitle you to compensation for the impact on your ability to function as you did before the incident.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Scarring, disfigurement, and other changes in appearance after the bike crash in Columbia may qualify you for compensation.
Understanding the full extent of your losses is crucial in pursuing fair compensation for the aftermath of a motorcycle collision.
We Can Help Your Family Pursue Justice If You Lost a Loved One
If you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident in Columbia, our wrongful death attorneys can help your family seek justice and compensation. We understand that nothing can bring back a loved one after a fatal collision. Still, you and your family do not deserve to struggle financially in their absence.
You also deserve fair compensation to help you honor your loved one’s memory. Our legal team can help you seek awards for the following wrongful death damages:
- Funeral expenses, including burial or cremation services
- Loss of consortium, loss of companionship
- The income your loved one contributed to the household
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical bills
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
While you grieve your loved one in peace and spend time with your family members, our Maryland law firm can get to work on your case. Call MD Accident Law today to take legal action after the motorcycle wreck in Columbia, Maryland.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Columbia, call (410)777-8960
Proving Negligence Caused the Motorcycle Crash in Columbia, MD
Whether you are filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit to recover compensation, you must prove another party’s negligence caused or contributed to your accident. Multiple parties may be liable for your accident. If so, our legal team serving Columbia can work to hold each one of them financially accountable for their share of the fault in the motorcycle accident. Any of the following can be potentially liable parties in the motorcycle crash:
- A negligent driver who violated a traffic law, such as failing to yield the right-of-way
- The driver’s employer, who may bear vicarious liability for the driver’s negligent actions
- A government entity that failed to maintain a road, which resulted in hazardous conditions
- An auto parts manufacturer that designed a defective product that led to your accident
Our legal team can gather various kinds of evidence, such as traffic camera footage, witness statements, expert testimony, and pictures from the crash scene, to support your case for maximum compensation.
Columbia Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Columbia Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You Meet Critical Case Deadlines
An important thing to consider when pursuing compensation in a motorcycle accident case is the state’s statute of limitations. In Maryland, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Generally, you have the same amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our legal team can work to meet these deadlines and streamline your case as much as possible. Keep in mind that if you miss this deadline, you run the risk of the court dismissing your case. The best way to protect your right to legal action is to start your personal injury case as soon as possible.
Our MD Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Handle Your Case at No Upfront Cost
Another way our Columbia motorcycle accident attorneys help their clients is by handling their cases on a contingency basis. We never charge upfront fees or hourly rates to take on a case.
Instead, we take a percentage of your potential compensation at the conclusion of your case. This way, you do not have to risk any further financial loss to secure legal representation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us for Help With Your Columbia, MD, Motorcycle Accident Case
MD Accident Law Is proud to serve accident victims in Columbia, Maryland. We will ensure we give your case the attention to detail it deserves and fight for fair compensation so that you can access the medical care you need.
Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free initial consultation.