If you got in a workplace accident, our Cecil County workers’ compensation lawyers are ready to help. After sustaining an injury, you should focus on recovery and not worry about how you will pay for your medical bills. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we can explain your rights and help you get the benefits you need to avoid financial hardship.
Unfortunately, just because you file a workers’ compensation claim, that doesn’t mean you will get approved for benefits. We could guide you through the process to help you get approved or file an appeal if you receive a denial. Our personal injury lawyers can also help take legal action if a third party caused your accident-related injuries.
Reasons to Choose a Cecil County Workers’ Compensation Attorney From the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
There are many reasons to choose our firm when you need help with a worker’s compensation claim. We have handled many similar cases and know the proper steps to take to reach a successful outcome. When you work with our firm, you can expect the following:
- A free consultation to discuss your case: At no cost, you can learn about your legal options and how our team can help.
- Responsive legal representation: You can get ahold of your attorney when you need to. On top of being available through phone or email, we have a text line for 24/7 text communication.
- Dedicated legal care: We care about our clients and want them to see a good outcome. Each legal team member works tirelessly to ensure our clients get the monetary compensation they need to avoid financial problems.
You should have the opportunity to hold the liable party accountable without worrying about an attorney’s costs. With our team, you can know the fees before we get started, so there are never any surprises. We can take care of all the legal matters. Our team focuses on your case so that you can focus on healing.
Hear What Our Past Clients Have to Say
Our past clients have positive things to say about our firm. This is because we do everything we can to help our clients feel supported throughout difficult times in their life. Some of our client testimonials include:
- “I’ve had experiences with other personal attorneys in the past, and Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with.”
- “He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case.”
For legal consultation with a workers' compensation attorney in Cecil County, call (410)777-8960
Workers’ Compensation Laws in Cecil County, MD
In Maryland, employers must provide workers’ compensation benefits to their employees. Maryland Code § 9-101 states the types of situations where an employee could recover workers’ compensation benefits. They include:
- The employees sustained injuries during their hours of employment.
- The employee sustained the injuries because of someone else’s negligence in the workplace.
- If an employee develops a disease because of exposure while at the workplace. This could also include heatstroke, frostbite, or other issues related to the conditions of the workplace environment.
If the employee’s injury meets these requirements, they could file a workers’ compensation claim. Just because an employee files a workers’ compensation claim does not guarantee they will receive benefits. This is why it’s helpful to have a workers’ compensation attorney by your side to ensure you filed a claim correctly. We can also help ensure you’ve included all the necessary evidence needed.
Cecil County Workers' Compensation Attorney (410)777-8960
Benefits You Could Receive Through Workers’ Compensation
If you get approved for workers’ compensation benefits, it can help you tremendously. That is why filing an accurate application is important to ensure you get the benefits you need. Examples of benefits include:
- Medical expenses: Through a worker’s compensation claim, you can recover the costs of any medical care you receive. This can also include money for rehabilitation therapy, such as occupational or physical therapy.
- Work payments: You could receive checks that reflect a percentage of your income while you’re out of work.
A Cecil County workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm can help you determine if there are other types of compensation you could receive.
You Could Potentially File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Did a third-party cause your workplace injury? If so, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against them. Third-party liability could arise when an individual or entity that is separate from your employer caused the accident. Filing a personal injury lawsuit can help if the workers’ compensation benefits aren’t enough to cover your losses. Examples of damages you could recover through a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Medical bills: We can seek recovery for any out-of-pocket cost you had to pay to treat your injuries. Examples of medical care could include emergency room fees, ambulance rides, hospitalizations, surgeries, prescription medication, diagnostic tests, and doctor’s visits.
- Lost income: Sometimes, workers’ compensation benefits only cover part of your lost income. Through a personal injury claim, you may recover compensation for your lost wages. You could even receive compensation for future lost income if you cannot return to work in the same capacity because of your injuries.
- Physical and mental pain and suffering: If your injuries cause substantial physical or mental pain, you may recover compensation through a personal injury claim. Since these damages don’t have a monetary loss, our attorneys can help calculate their value.
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 states you have three years from the date of the accident to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation
Call on our team if you don’t know who to turn to after getting injured at work. We can help you file a workers’ compensation claim, appeal a claim denial, or file a personal injury claim against a third party.
Contact us today for a free consultation. A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call. You can get your questions answered and learn more about your legal options.