After getting into a rideshare accident, you could face high medical bills because of your significant injuries. Your injuries could also impact your work, causing you to lose income. These factors alone could cause financial ruin. Thankfully, there are ways you can recover compensation for the losses you incurred from the accident. By filing a claim against the at-fault driver, you can move forward with your life without having to worry about financial issues.
Our firm’s Cecil County rideshare accident lawyer could investigate your accident and help determine liability. Once we determine liability, we can file a claim so you can receive the compensation you’re entitled to. In addition, our personal injury team offers compassionate legal guidance so you feel supported throughout your case.
Reasons to Choose a Cecil County Rideshare Accident Attorney From the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
The attorneys at our firm know how traumatic getting in a rideshare accident is. That is why we provide supportive legal care, so each of our clients feels comfortable throughout the entirety of their case. In addition, we give each case and client personalized attention. Our team also provides responsive communication when you need to get ahold of your attorney.
Another benefit of our firm is that we offer free consultations. You can speak to a member of our legal team at no cost to learn about your options. During the consultation, we can listen to what happened and explain how we can help. After the consultation, you’ll have your questions answered, and you can decide if you want to move forward with our team.
For legal consultation with a rideshare accident attorney in Cecil County, call (410)777-8960
You Could Recover Monetary Compensation After a Rideshare Accident in Cecil County
If you sustained injuries because of someone else’s careless actions, you could recover compensation from the liable party. Our attorneys can identify the damages you sustained and fight for you to recover them. Recoverable damages are the amount of money someone must pay for injuring someone else.
There are many types of Damages you could recover after a rideshare accident. Common damages include:
- Medical expenses: Any out-of-pocket costs you had to pay towards your medical bills could get recovered through a claim. Medical care could include ambulance transportation, emergency room care, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, occupational therapy, prescription medications, and hospitalizations.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries require medical care in the future, you could include the estimated costs of future medical care. Our attorneys can help you determine how much compensation to seek for these damages.
- Lost income: if the severity of your injuries causes you to miss work, you could recover compensation for the income you lost during your recovery.
- Future lost income: If you cannot return to work in the same capacity or at all, you could recover compensation for the estimated loss of your future lost income.
- Pain and suffering: Some accident victims could recover compensation for the physical pain they experience because of their injuries. If you suffered from pain, anguish, inconvenience, or discomfort, our attorneys could fight for you to recover compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress: If your injuries cause severe psychological problems, you could recover compensation for emotional distress damages. Our team could fight for you to recover compensation if you dealt with anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep issues, or fear after the accident.
Once we determine the damages you incurred, we can get an estimate of the value of your case. Then, we can use that estimated value as a starting point when we negotiate with the opposing party.
Cecil County Rideshare Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Determining Liability After a Rideshare Accident
Rideshare accidents are more complex than typical motor vehicle accidents because determining liability is more complicated. If the rideshare driver caused the accident, their insurance may cover the accident, or the rideshare company’s policy may. It depends on the setting the rideshare driver was in on the rideshare app at the time of the accident. Rideshare companies offer different Insurance coverages based on the setting the driver was in. The three settings include:
- The rideshare driver had the app off.
- The rideshare driver was waiting for a ride request.
- The rideshare driver was picking up a passenger or had a passenger in their vehicle.
The Rideshare App Was Off
If the rideshare app was off and the rideshare driver caused the accident, their personal insurance coverage will cover the damages. Most rideshare companies would not accept liability if the driver had the app off.
The Rideshare Driver Was Waiting For a Ride Request
If the rideshare driver had the app on and was waiting for a ride request, they could provide some insurance coverage. However, the maximum coverage for these accidents is not as high as it would be if the rideshare driver had an active ride.
The Rideshare Driver Has an Active Ride
If the rideshare driver has an active ride, the companies provide first-party insurance coverage for the accident. They provide higher maximums during active rides.
You Have a Limited Time to Take Legal Action After a Rideshare Accident
If you or a loved one sustained an injury or passed away in a rideshare accident, you have a limited time to recover compensation. In Maryland, you must file a lawsuit within the following timelines:
- Personal injury: Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 states you have three years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party.
- Wrongful death: Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 States you have three years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party.
The Cecil County rideshare accident lawyers from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can ensure that you don’t miss timelines regarding your case. We want you to receive the compensation you deserve, and you shouldn’t have to miss out because it’s too late.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
If you sustained an injury in an accident, you should reach out to our attorneys as soon as possible. Once you choose us as your attorney, we can work on your case immediately. In addition, our attorneys can advocate aggressively for you so you don’t have to worry about financial stress in the future.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our legal team can provide information on how we can help you and explain your legal options.