If you or a family member suffered an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare accident in Delaware, you might be wondering how you’ll get compensated. You could file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer or even pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
Our personal injury firm can help you explore other methods, as well, such as pursuing your damages through the rideshare company’s insurance. In a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about these options and about working with a Delaware rideshare accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.
How Do I Get Compensated After a Delaware Rideshare Accident?
Since your car or rideshare passenger accident, you may have recognized you have a number of damages, including many physical and financial damages. Your entire family may be feeling the effects of the incident. You’re entitled to compensation, and you’re probably considering filing claims through the at-fault party’s insurer.
You may also be able to file a claim through the rideshare driver’s insurance or even the rideshare company’s insurance. Generally, Uber and Lyft drivers and the companies themselves have liability insurance for cases like yours. Such insurance may cover additional damages and up to higher amounts for these damages.
Yet another option may be to sue the rideshare driver or company. This may be your best option if you have many and very expensive damages. You may be able to recover more financial damages and all of your other damages through suing, but it can be very difficult for a claimant to file and defend a lawsuit themselves.
For legal consultation with a rideshare accident attorney in Delaware, call (410)777-8960
What Damages Can I Get After a Delaware Rideshare Accident?
Depending on which method you go with, you may be able to recover a few or even all of your damages. Also, a lawyer from our firm may be able to negotiate with insurers or sue a rideshare entity for more damages or higher amounts.
You or one of our lawyers may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses and related expenses
- Property expenses, like the expense of getting your vehicle repaired
- Lost income and work benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical suffering
- Mental/emotional suffering
- Additional financial and intangible damages
Damages After a Fatal Accident
You may have lost a family member in a fatal rideshare accident. No family should have to endure what yours is enduring right now.
Your family may struggle to cope in your loved one’s absence. Some of your losses, such as your loved one’s medical bills and income, may warrant compensation. You can seek those losses with a wrongful death claim or suit. Our Delaware fatal car accident lawyer can help seek those losses and others that apply.
Delaware Rideshare Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Should I Hire a Delaware Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
There are many reasons to consider hiring a rideshare accident lawyer from our firm. For you, the main reason may be that you wouldn’t have to worry about any legal matters at all. Instead, you’ll be able to tend to other matters, like your recovery and your family. Our lawyers will tend to legal matters for you and, if your lawyer recovers compensation for you, relieve you of any medical/property-related debts.
If you hire one of our lawyers, they will take care of the following:
- Determining your damages: Our lawyers can identify all of your damages, including intangible damages that can be difficult to identify and future financial damages that can be difficult to anticipate. Our lawyers will determine which losses warrant compensation.
- Proving your damages: To do this, our lawyers will seek out and show documentation of your damages, such as your medical records.
- Determining who’s liable: To determine whether the liable party is the rideshare driver, the rideshare company, or even another party, our lawyers will seek out evidence of liability, such as vehicle black box data.
- Proving who’s liable: To accomplish this, our lawyers will have to show evidence of liability and also show the elements of negligence, which are a duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
- Exploring your options: These could include filing claims through your insurance, filing a claim through the rideshare driver’s insurance, and/or suing the driver or the company.
- Negotiating your settlements: Our lawyers can negotiate with insurers for all of your due damages, including those damages the insurers don’t typically cover, and, if an insurer doesn’t negotiate in good faith, our lawyers can threaten to sue them and/or their client.
- Negotiating your verdict: If negotiations with insurers don’t resolve your case, our lawyers can litigate the case by filing a lawsuit and seeking a fair verdict.
Click to contact our Delaware Personal Injury Attorneys today
Our Delaware Car Accident Attorneys Are Dedicated to Our Clients
At our personal injury firm, we have a good idea of what you must be going through right now. We also understand if you’re confused at all about how you’ll get compensated after your rideshare accident. We’d like to leverage our many years of experience in personal injury law to help you through your situation and towards getting your due compensation.
As a purely service-oriented law firm, we’re focused entirely on our clients and their experience with us. Our legal team will go the extra mile for you. For example, your lawyer will give you a unique text number for 24/7 availability via text communication. You’ll be able to reach out to your lawyer at any time with any questions, and all the while, your lawyer will be providing you with regular case updates.
We’re also focused on results for our clients, and one of them has said the following about us:
“It is critical that a lawyer is responsive and prompt. Adam is very responsive. He also achieves excellent results. I recommend him wholeheartedly.” – Jay
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Us for Help From a Delaware Rideshare Accident Attorney
If you or a family member suffered an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare accident, our firm can help you explore means to get compensated, such as by filing a claim through the rideshare company’s insurance. Our attorneys can even sue the rideshare company for you if necessary.
If you consult with us, you won’t pay anything for the consultation and a case review. Afterward, if you hire one of our rideshare accident attorneys in Delaware, our attorneys won’t charge you anything until and unless your attorney recovers compensation for you. For your free consultation, contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form