The unexpected loss of a loved one can leave your family reeling and unsure of what to do. When you are ready to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions, our Bel Air South fatal car accident lawyer can help. We will handle all communication with the at-fault driver and their insurance provider, including the negotiation process.
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will review your case at no cost or obligation. When we agree on representation, we handle evidence collection and every other aspect of your case. Our Bel Air South personal injury lawyers will field each settlement offer you receive and fight hard to obtain fair compensation for you and your family.
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Car Accident
When your family pursues compensation after losing a loved one, you can generally recover all the compensation they would have been entitled to if they had survived to file a personal injury case.
When our firm represents you, we also help you recover the following wrongful death damages:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial costs
- Your loss of their financial contributions
- Your loss of their familial contributions
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss of guidance and support
Our investigative team will collect the documents that prove the value of your recoverable damages. We will obtain your loved one’s medical bills, receipts for their final arrangements, proof of their income, and the costs of repairing or replacing their damaged vehicle.
Maryland Law Determines Who Can Benefit From Wrongful Death Compensation
The loss of a beloved family member will impact everyone who loved them. Maryland law, though, only allows specific family members to benefit from a wrongful death case. Typically, a representative of the estate files a wrongful death lawsuit. In most cases, a representative may include:
- The deceased person’s parents
- The deceased person’s spouse
- The deceased person’s child(ren)
Depending on their familial relationship and the support received from the decedent, other family members may be eligible to recover damages. The best way to understand your possible right to compensation is to get our fatal car accident attorney involved in your case right from the start.
How the Statute of Limitations Affects Your Family’s Ability to Recover Damages
In Maryland, the statute of limitations determines how much time you have to file your lawsuit. This can be a complex part of your case since the filing deadline can fluctuate based on certain factors of your case.
It can take time to recover from the unexpected loss of someone you love and be ready to deal with the legal aspects of your case. In general, your family has three years to file its wrongful death lawsuit, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904. An expired filing deadline could mean:
- Your family cannot file its lawsuit at all
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard
With sufficient notice from you, we will help you avoid the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late. To ensure the statute of limitations does not expire, our fatal car accident attorney will file your case on time.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Bel Air South, call (410)777-8960
The Benefits of Hiring Our Bel Air South Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will build the strongest possible case file for you. We use it to steer your case toward a settlement versus a trial. In addition to evidence collection, we will:
- Assess the monetary value of your case
- Canvass for smartphone and security footage
- Complete and submit all required paperwork
- Document the at-fault party’s negligence
- Interview witnesses while memories are fresh
- Investigate your loved one’s car accident
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Represent you in court if necessary
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
We will not ask you to order a copy of the police report, medical records, or your loved one’s death certificate. We know these issues can be emotionally charged, so we handle them for you. When we say we handle every detail of your family’s case, we mean it. Leave the hard work and legwork to us while you focus on taking care of your family.
What it Means to Work With Our Legal Team Serving Families in Bel Air South
Our law firm is client-focused and service-oriented. We are committed to helping your family deal with the aftermath of a fatal accident. We know how stressful that time can be, so we do everything we can to support you. We ensure you can reach a team member by phone and email and even provide you with a unique number for 24/7 text access.
See Why Previous Clients Refer Others to the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
When clients we represented in the past talk about our legal service and support in online reviews for our law firm, they say the following:
- Joe Bakhtar: “The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations. He is very bright, listens well and answer all my questions…Adam has been personally involved [in] and took care of everything that I requested…I highly recommend this law office and everyone on the staff.”
- Sean M.: “Mr. Smallow represented me in a case, and he kept in touch before and during the case and kept me abreast and he delivered everything he promised. Case came out great for me. I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.”
We never stop fighting for the families we represent or the financial compensation you are entitled to recover.
Bel Air South Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Will Review Your Family’s Case at No Cost or Obligation
If your family lost a loved one in a collision in Bel Air South, our fatal car accident lawyer will help you build a case for financial recovery. We will deal with the at-fault driver and work hard to negotiate a settlement with their insurer.
Get started on your family’s pursuit of financial compensation by contacting one of our case review team members at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.