After losing a loved one, families experience complex loss. Not only are you contending with tragedy, but you may be struggling to keep up financially. If you depended on your loved one for support, or if you’re contending with medical bills and funeral expenses, you shouldn’t have to bear this financial burden alone. Our car accident lawyers can help you recoup these losses, so you can focus on mourning your loved one.
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident due to another party’s wrongful actions or negligence, our Pleasant Hills, MD fatal car accident lawyer wants to hear from you. We will review the accident that resulted in your loved one’s passing and help you understand your legal options to hold the at-fault party accountable.
Our Pleasant Hills, MD Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Can Prepare Your Case
The Law Offices of Adam M. Swallow is dedicated to providing compassionate legal care to the surviving family of victims who lost their lives in fatal car collisions.
Our firm can help you with every facet of your case from beginning to end. We will manage the entire legal process involved in pursuing compensation while you focus on family and grieving your loss.
Here are some ways we will help you hold the liable parties accountable:
- Filing and submitting claim-related papers within the deadline
- Order police reports, medical records, and other critical documents that can be used as evidence of the at-fault party’s negligence
- Gathering witness and expert testimonies to attest to the cause of the accident and extent of your damages
- Identify what damages apply to your case and assign them a value
- Negotiate with the insurance or liable party for a fair settlement
- Represent your family in court if the case goes to trial
- Stay easily accessible to you via phone, email, plus a unique number for 24/7 text communication
MD Accident Law is dedicated to lessening the financial burden you are facing from your loved one’s passing. We are here to obtain the compensation you need to move on from this tragedy.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Pleasant Hills, call (410)777-8960
A Pleasant Hills, MD Fatal Car Accident Attorney Helps to Recover These Losses
Through a fatal car accident claim, a wrongful death attorney in Pleasant Hills, MD, can help obtain compensation for losses such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pending medical and rehabilitation expenses caused by the fatal car accident
- Pain and suffering-related damages
- Loss of love, care, and guidance
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss in projected earnings, income, benefits, and inheritance
We will thoroughly examine your case to identify the scale of your family’s damages. Based on the losses, and input from medical and vocational experts, we will calculate an accurate value for your wrongful death case. In our negotiations, we will fight for compensation that will cover these losses and give you the financial stability to grieve.
Pleasant Hills Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who is Eligible to File a Fatal Car Accident Claim in Pleasant Hills, MD?
In Maryland, surviving family members can bring a case for their loved one’s passing. Generally, the following family members or beneficiaries can file a fatal car accident case:
- Surviving spouse
- Personal representative
If the victim does not have qualifying family members, certain beneficiaries related by blood or marriage can file. Our fatal car accident lawyer in Pleasant Hills, MD, can help identify the most appropriate party to bring a case against the at-fault party.
Click to contact our Pleasant Hills Car Accident Attorneys today
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents in Pleasant Hills, MD
The bulk of car accidents can be attributed to the negligent actions of another driver or a third party. MD Accident Law has experience with helping families whose loved ones lost their lives due to:
- Reckless driving: Many drivers know they must operate their vehicles at or under the speed limit and not swerve in and out of lanes. But some motorists speed through traffic, endangering the lives of pedestrians or fellow drivers.
If your loved one passed away due to a driver speeding, tailgating, frequent lane changes, and other reckless behaviors, we could help you hold them accountable for their actions.
- Driving while fatigued: Driving while drowsy is dangerous, as it reduces reaction time and increases the likelihood of drivers falling asleep at the wheel.
- Driving under the influence: When a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and even certain prescription medications, it can impair their alertness and reaction time and hinder their ability to operate a vehicle safely.
- Distracted driving: When operating a vehicle, drivers must keep their eyes and focus on the road. Yet, motorists sometimes engage in reckless behaviors such as texting while driving which takes away their alertness from the road.
- Disobeying traffic laws: Maryland enforces several traffic laws and regulations to keep drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians safe. Yet, some drivers violate these laws through actions like speeding through a red light, making illegal turns, not obeying stop signs, failing to yield, and more.
Other factors, such as a vehicle malfunctioning due to a defective part or dangerous road conditions, may also be responsible for your loved one’s fatal car crash. If so we can hold the vehicle manufacturer or a government entity liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Secure Our Pleasant Hills, MD, Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally only have three years from the loved one’s passing to seek a settlement for your losses. Starting soon will give our legal team enough time to build a strong case and preserve time-sensitive evidence. If you run out of time, you may be barred from pursuing your case forever.
If you are considering legal action against the at-fault party, contact our team to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case, explain your legal options, protect your rights, and fight big insurance companies for the compensation you need to move forward from this tragic event.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form