When a truck accident turns fatal, families like yours can struggle with grief, emotional trauma, and financial stress. Instead of struggling through this difficult time by yourself, one of our Virginia lawyers can file a wrongful death case on your behalf.
You have the right to pursue all of the compensation your family needs after a fatal accident, and you have the right to hire our Virginia truck accident lawyer to help with your case. The sooner you contact us, the more we may be able to do.
Potential Compensation for Your Family After a Fatal Truck Accident
It may seem crass to talk of money right after someone important to you has passed away. Unfortunately, your creditors will not see it that way. They will still expect you to pay for:
- Your loved one’s medical bills and funeral expenses
- Everyday household bills, such as rent and electricity, that your loved one’s income would have helped you to afford
- Repairing your loved one’s vehicle, if their car, bike, or motorcycle was damaged in the fatal truck accident
Even if your family now has less disposable income thanks to the loss of your loved one’s wages, you still have to find a way to pay for all of these things.
Our Virginia fatal truck accident lawyer can seek compensation for all of the above, as well as any other expenses or monetary losses connected with the wrongful death. We can also seek damages for:
- Physical and emotional pain: If your loved one experienced significant distress due to the injuries, you can recover compensation on their behalf.
- Lifestyle changes: In cases where the accident victim did not pass away immediately, their disabling injuries may have forced them to seek help with basic living tasks or rearrange their life.
- Loss of companionship: Losing your loved one also means losing their comforting presence, guidance, and affection.
The goal of pursuing compensation from the at-fault party is not to “fix things.” No amount of money can make up for losing your loved one and the pain your family has endured as a result.
Instead, think of your financial compensation in this way:
- It enables you to force the liable party to acknowledge the harm they did and to pay for it.
- The money you get from legal action can be put to all sorts of uses. You would not have to worry about money matters related to the accident.
- With your financial obligations taken care of, you can put your full focus on processing your loss, comforting your surviving loved ones, and picking up the pieces of your life.
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in Virginia, call (410)777-8960
How to Hire Our Truck Accident Attorney
When a truck accident results in casualties, it is a good idea for the deceased’s surviving relatives to get legal help as soon as possible. You can find the right attorney for your needs by:
- Acting quickly: Code of Virginia § 8.01.244 allows you up to two years from the date of death to start your case. You will want to choose a law firm well before that deadline.
- Getting a free case review: Many firms, including ours, allow anyone to call in so that a member of our team can assess their case at no charge. Within a few minutes, you can find out if you have a viable legal case.
- Visiting our office: This is a great opportunity for you to see how our team interacts with each other and with you. We would be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Assessing past experience: Adam M. Smallow encourages you to research our past cases and to ask us about how we have helped other fatal truck accident clients. We are proud of our record and can tell you all about how we use our experience and legal knowledge to assist clients.
Retaining our wrongful death lawyer can be a big help after a negligent driver upends your life. MD Accident Law puts clients at ease and grants them much-deserved peace of mind by:
- Providing support and updates at every step of the way
- Investigating your loved one’s accident to identify the liable party
- Collecting evidence to prove you deserve damages from the at-fault party
- Fighting as hard as we can for compensation, whether that means going to court or negotiating a pretrial settlement with the insurance company
- Handling all of the paperwork and other administrative duties associated with your case
With us on the job, you always have a legal expert to manage and explain your case, and to turn to with any legal concerns you may have.
Virginia Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who Gets Hurt in Fatal Truck Accidents?
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) released a report summarizing traffic accidents in the commonwealth in 2022. Page 49 focuses on large truck accidents and states that:
- Of the nearly 3,000 truck collisions that occurred in Virginia in 2022, 60 resulted in casualties.
- Of the 60 truck accident casualties, only 12 of the victims were people in the truck.
- This means that the remaining 48 truck accident casualties were non-truck occupants, such as car drivers, car passengers, or pedestrians.
In short, when there is a fatal truck accident, it is the other road users who tend to suffer the most. This is because trucks are large enough to offer substantial protection and to do serious damage to others in the event of a crash.
If your loved one was the victim of a negligence-related truck accident, you can sue the trucking company, the truck driver, or whoever else played a role in the wrongful death. MD Accident Law wants to fight by your side so that all at-fault parties pay what they owe you for their carelessness.
Our Truck Accident Lawyer Is Waiting for Your Call
Contact our firm to get a free case review today. After your Virginia fatal truck accident, a lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can give you the time you need to grieve while we fight for the money your family deserves. We work hard for each and every client without charging any upfront attorney’s fees.