According to Virginia state law, you have the right to file a case and seek monetary compensation if someone else’s negligence contributed to your car accident. A lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can fight such a case on your family’s behalf.
Trying to handle a case on your own is very stressful and completely unnecessary. Our Virginia personal injury lawyer can make sure you have ample time to spend with loved ones as you recuperate. We would be happy to take care of all of your legal needs.
Acquiring Damages Based on a Virginia Car Accident
Code of Virginia § 8.01-243 gives you a period of two years in which to bring legal action against a negligent party. This deadline starts counting down from the day of your accident and applies to anyone injured by the crash, including:
- Car passengers
Given enough time, our Virginia car accident lawyer can ensure you file your case well within this deadline. You would then have the right to pursue damages for a wide array of physical, financial, and mental losses, such as:
- The physical pain and discomfort caused by your injuries
- Emotional damage and trauma brought on by the fear, stress, and pain of the accident
- Reduced quality of life associated with having to forego fun activities, living with painful symptoms, and needing help with basic tasks
- The loss of use of any body part, such as an organ or a limb
- The cost of emergency medical care, as well as any long-term medical treatments you will need going forward
- The income and job benefits you could not earn as you recuperated
- The cost of fixing your car, purchasing a new vehicle, or using alternative means of transportation while your own car is unusable
You have already suffered enough because of this accident. Let us fight for the money that would make it easier for your family to get back on its feet.
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Virginia, call (410)777-8960
Our Lawyers Work Hard to Protect You
An attorney from MD Accident Law can handle all of the legal tasks your case requires. That includes:
- Investigating your case so we know—and can prove—how the liable party caused your injuries
- Determining who the at-fault party is and how much they owe you based on how serious and wide-ranging your injuries are
- Filling out forms and then submitting all paperwork to the correct parties in a timely fashion
- Taking all phone calls and other communications from the liable party, their lawyer, and their insurance company
- Negotiating an appropriate settlement, if possible, or taking your case to trial, if necessary
- Giving you professional yet compassionate advice regarding your legal options and what may be the best way to approach your case
Without our assistance, you and your family would have to take on the burden of these tasks alone. That could make it easier for the insurance company to get you to forfeit your rights or accept less compensation than you need. Be wary if anyone from the insurance company:
- Tries to get you to record a statement about your accident
- Says you can resolve your case more easily without an attorney
- Offers you a fast settlement before you get a chance to have your case evaluated by a professional
All of these tactics could result in your family ending up with much less compensation than you deserve. By giving our legal team permission to communicate with the insurer for you, you reduce the risk of being taken advantage of during a vulnerable time in your life.
The Cost of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
You are seeking damages through legal action because, most likely, your car accident has caused your family serious financial hardship. Why should you want to spend more money on our legal services at a time like this?
As previously mentioned, the insurance company often prioritizes its bottom line over your needs. Hiring a legal representative is an important form of protection against the insurer’s tactics and can save you money in the long run.
In addition, our firm makes our services as affordable as possible by:
- Providing you with a free case review before you hire us, giving you the information you need to decide what to do with your claim or lawsuit
- Getting to work on your case without charging any upfront attorney’s fees
- Only sending you a bill for our fees once you receive compensation—and waiving our attorney’s fees if we cannot get compensation for you
We encourage you to visit our office and meet with our team before making any final decisions about hiring our firm. Adam M. Smallow is always happy to answer questions regarding payments, the law, and other related topics for all prospective clients.
Virginia Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Car Accident Evidence You May Need
To have a chance of collecting money from a legal action, you will have to prove that:
- Someone else’s negligence was the main or only cause of your crash
- You are not at fault
- You have sustained considerable pain, loss, and inconvenience due to the at-fault party’s actions
To build a case file that establishes all of these points, MD Accident Law can gather the following materials:
- The accident report filed by the police
- Your medical records and statements from medical professionals
- Statements from witnesses, experts, your family, and your employer
- Audiovisual footage from cell phones or traffic cameras
- Bills and receipts you have received for accident-related expenses
Our first step in investigating a car accident is always to listen closely to the client’s story. We want to know everything about the accident that you do. Then we can build on your knowledge by collecting documentary evidence and statements that can help prove your family’s need for damages.
Virginia Car Accident Survivors Have Rights
A Virginia car accident lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can protect your rights from anyone who would deny the truth of what happened and refuse to pay fair compensation. Contact us today to get started with a free case review. We are dedicated to helping people like you, not big corporations.