Medical malpractice is more common than many people know, even in Maryland. If you suffered an injury or illness due to your healthcare provider’s actions, a personal injury attorney in Bel Air North, MD, can help you seek compensation.
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow represents malpractice victims throughout the Harford County area. A free, confidential case review is available when you call.
What Sets Our Harford County, MD, Personal Injury Firm Apart
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we aim to go above and beyond for our clients. Our personal injury team wants to do more than handle your medical malpractice case—we want to look out for your best interests and ensure you get the support you need.
We Refer Our Clients to Qualified Medical Providers
It’s understandable that after suffering harm at the hands of a medical professional, you may be wary of trusting others with your injuries or illness. That’s why when our firm represents clients, we only recommend healthcare providers that we would send our own family members to for care. We want to advocate for your physical recovery as well as your financial recovery.
Our Attorneys Are Accessible 24/7
We strive to be there for our clients when they need us most. That’s why our initial consultations are free and available 24/7. Beyond that, our malpractice lawyers also provide each client with a unique number to text whenever they have a question or concern about their case.
We Have More Than 100 Five-Star Reviews
No one speaks more highly of our legal services than clients we’ve helped in the past:
- “Fantastic attorney who actually cares and fights hard for his clients. The staff is very friendly and responsive. Adam also makes sure his clients get the best possible medical care available, which means his clients can actually feel better and move on with their lives. I wish more attorneys were as focused on their client’s care.” – J. Manger
- “I highly recommend Adam to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. He and his team are very knowledgeable and genuinely want to make the best decisions for their clients. Adam does a great job of coordinating with all parties involved in the case including healthcare professionals to make sure his clients have a seamless experience. If you have an injury, you’ll want this team in your corner!” – J. Harm
For legal consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in Bel Air North, call (410)777-8960
Common Forms of Medical Malpractice and Negligence Victims Experience
It can be difficult to determine what qualifies as medical malpractice because many laws were designed to protect healthcare providers from false claims. While not all unfortunate medical results equate to malpractice, here are a few scenarios that may support this type of claim:
- Incorrect medication or dosage
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Unnecessary surgical procedures
- Premature discharge from the facility
- Inaccurate or misread lab results
In a successful malpractice case, the key is proving that the medical provider’s actions were outside the scope of what another healthcare professional would have reasonably done in a similar situation. To ensure that a case meets this standard, Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-2C-02 requires claimants to submit a signed certificate from a qualified expert agreeing that malpractice occurred before a case can move forward.
One of our services to you involves locating a qualified expert who fits the state’s requirements to review the evidence in your case. If they sign off, we will then submit the signed certificate on your behalf.
Recovering Medical Malpractice Damages in Maryland
Aside from proving that malpractice caused your injuries or illness, our team will also need to calculate the impact this incident had on your life and estimate a fair settlement value. You could qualify to recover for:
- Medical care you needed to address the new or worsening injury or illness
- Medications and assistive devices
- The time you were unable to work due to your condition
- Diminished earning capacity if you can’t work as you used to
- In-home assistance you had to hire
- Pain and suffering the injuries or illness has caused you
We will work hard to ensure that no damage is left unaddressed in your medical malpractice claim.
Bel Air North Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
How a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help You
Our firm helps victims who suffered medical malpractice hold those responsible financially accountable. Possible liable parties include nurses, doctors, pharmacists, and healthcare facilities. When you retain us to lead your malpractice case in Bel Air North, MD, one of our attorneys will:
- Collect evidence to support your right to financial recovery
- Reach out to a qualified expert to review the case and provide a signed certificate
- Estimate a fair settlement amount based on the physical, emotional, and financial impact of the incident on your life
- Represent you in all case proceedings
- Negotiate with the malpractice insurer
- File a lawsuit, should going to court become necessary
We will also ensure your right to file medical malpractice doesn’t expire before we can secure your compensation.
You Must be Aware of Maryland’s Statute of Limitations to File a Malpractice Case
Beyond the law requiring a qualified expert to support your malpractice case, you must also abide by the statute of limitations. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109 outlines several timelines for victims looking to sue negligent healthcare providers, depending on the specifics of the case. In general, you have:
- Five years from the day the injury occurred
- Three years from the day you discovered the injury
Cases involving minors may follow different timelines. As soon as our team reviews your case, we will identify and explain the corresponding timeline so we can protect your right to file a suit in Maryland.
Get the Legal Help You Need from a Bel Air, MD, Malpractice Attorney Today
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow wants to go to work on your case as soon as possible. If you suffered medical malpractice in Bel Air North or elsewhere in Harford County, MD, an attorney from our firm will fight for damages from the negligent medical provider or facility. We serve clients in the area from our office in Edgewood.
There is no need to wait—you can reach out to our firm for a free consultation today and discuss your case with us. Call (410) 777-8960 to learn how we can help with your medical malpractice case.