Were you hit and injured by a careless driver in Glen Burnie, Maryland? You have rights, and a lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can help you better understand them. We can even seek monetary compensation for your pedestrian accident.
The money you get from a settlement or verdict can make it easier for your family to rebuild your lives following a traffic crash. Our Glen Burnie personal injury lawyer is eager to learn more about your case and to begin strategizing ways to get you the money your family needs. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free consultation.
Our Accident Lawyers Make Damages More Accessible to Glen Burnie Clients
Adam M. Smallow wants to handle all legal matters on your behalf so that you can fully focus on getting better. To that end, our Glen Burnie pedestrian accident lawyer can do all of the following and more in pursuit of fair damages:
We Provide Support to Our Glen Burnie Clients
At our firm, we know that you have a lot on your mind, so we do what we can to make things easier for you. That includes:
- Encouraging you to call or email us for advice at any time. In addition, we give each client their own phone number that they can use to text us 24/7.
- Recommending a doctor in our network to treat your injuries, if you have not yet found the right provider on your own.
- Charging you no attorney’s fees up front. We only get paid if and when we get money for your family.
We Educate Pedestrian Accident Survivors About Their Rights
There are many things you should know about your right to pursue damages from the at-fault party. We can make sure you have all of the information you need to make informed decisions, including the following:
- The liable party’s insurer may try to push you into a fast settlement or ask for a recorded statement. You do not have to agree to anything they say without consulting us first.
- The state’s statute of limitations, found at Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, says that your right to compensation expires after three years. The sooner you speak to us, the sooner we can get your case filed.
- You may not have to take your case to court: many insurers are willing to sit down and negotiate a personal injury settlement. Our team can prepare for either eventuality and handle all communications on your behalf.
We Take Wrongful Death Accident Cases
If you are considering legal action after the death of a loved one, we are sorry for your loss. MD Accident Law can determine who is responsible for causing the fatal injury and:
- Give you the space and the peace of mind you need to grieve your loved one’s death
- Determine how much you qualify to receive for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship
- Confront the party responsible for your loved one’s injury and negotiate hard for the money your family needs to start rebuilding your lives
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Glen Burnie, call (410)777-8960
What Goes Into a Pedestrian Accident Settlement in Glen Burnie?
When you suffer a personal injury, it is vital that you calculate a fair value for every one of your losses. Otherwise, the liable party may get away with paying far less than they owe you, and your family could run out of money before all of your expenses are paid.
Our personal injury attorney can help you determine the value of your:
- Inability to go to work and support your family with a regular salary
- Inability to work as many hours or in the same position as you did before
- Medical care, including treatments you have already undergone as well as treatments your doctor says you will likely need in the future
- Physical and psychological suffering, including the pain it has caused to both you and your closest relatives
- Temporary and permanent disabilities that affect what tasks you can perform and how your brain works
Glen Burnie Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Causes of Glen Burnie Pedestrian Accidents
All too many pedestrian crashes are the result of one avoidable factor: negligence. Common examples of negligence include the following:
- Truck drivers, car drivers, and other motor vehicle operators may choose to exceed the speed limit or use electronic devices when they should be paying attention to the road.
- Drivers may choose to take drugs or alcohol before getting behind the wheel. Even prescription medications can cause dangerous side effects that affect reaction time and judgment.
- A driver’s employer, such as a trucking company, may disobey regulations regarding driver qualifications or truck safety. They can also pressure drivers to work too hard, leading to exhaustion and bad decisions.
- Vehicle manufacturers do not always test their products well enough or issue recalls fast enough to prevent accidents. Faulty vehicle parts can cause an otherwise conscientious driver to lose control and hit a pedestrian.
- Local governments are responsible for maintaining safe roadways. If they fail to repair broken streetlights or replace fallen signs in a timely fashion, road users may become confused about who has the right of way and get into a collision.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries Can Be Severe
Any traffic accident can do serious damage, but road users like pedestrians and motorcyclists are at special risk. They have much less protection than someone inside a car or a truck. When a large vehicle hits an unprotected person, the vehicle can inflict catastrophic, even life-threatening injuries.
No matter how the pedestrian accident has affected your life, you should never have had to suffer at all, and you deserve compensation. The pedestrian accident lawyers at Adam M. Smallow want nothing more than to see justice done in your case.
Work With Our Pedestrian Accident Team Serving Glen Burnie
MD Accident Law has been assisting people like you for over ten years. Now, we want to assign a Glen Burnie pedestrian accident lawyer to manage your case and champion your rights against negligent parties and their insurance companies. Call (410) 777-8960 today for a free case review.