If you were involved in a truck accident in Delaware, state law gives you the right to sue the responsible party for financial compensation. Our lawyer could help you seek money for medical bills, repair bills, and even intangible losses, like pain and suffering.
A Delaware personal injury lawyer from our firm understands the devastating impact that truck accidents can have on survivors and their loved ones. We can start helping you free of charge by assessing your case at no cost, risk, or obligation to you.
Let Our Delaware Accident Attorney Support You
Being in a truck collision is one of the most difficult, traumatic events that a person can go through. You and your entire family have suffered because of this event, but remember that you are not alone. Adam M. Smallow is here to support our clients in the following ways:
- Our team is available to clients 24/7. Once you hire us, we will give you a unique phone number that you can use to text us with updates, questions, or concerns at any time.
- Having trouble finding the right doctor for you? We can help. Our Delaware truck accident lawyer can recommend a high-quality medical professional to diagnose and treat your wounds.
- We will assess your case for free over the phone. You do not have to put yourself under any obligation to us or even leave your house to find out about your legal options.
- Our firm only charges attorney’s fees after our clients get their money. Our no-fee guarantee makes it easier for you to afford the legal representation you want.
Above all, we fight hard to help our clients recover the compensation needed to:
- Support your family, even if you are unable to work for an extended period of time
- Repair or replace the vehicle that you and your family rely on to get around
- Afford the right medical care to give you the best chance of making the fullest possible recovery from your injuries
- Compensate you for accident-related mental illnesses, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as well as physical injuries
- Reimburse you for the loss of any physical or intellectual capabilities
- Make up, in some small way, for the loss of close familial relationships caused by your physical and emotional injuries
The bottom line is this: if we can prove that your suffering is related to the truck accident, you can ask for compensation from the liable party, whoever they may be. Our law firm can fight hard for that compensation, so you do not have to do so.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Delaware, call (410)777-8960
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Work Hard for You
In Delaware, personal injury survivors can file a case at any time within two years of the accident date, according to Del. Code tit. 10 § 8119.
What does this mean for you? With few exceptions, you can only collect compensation for your Delaware accident if you start your case within this deadline.
When you have sustained a life-altering injury, trying to focus on anything else, even something as important as legal action, can be difficult. Our truck accident attorney can make sure you do not have to worry about any of that by:
- Handling all paperwork: We often start by sending a demand letter to the negligent party’s insurer. Many cases end with us drawing up a settlement agreement for the client to sign.
- Communicating with everyone: In addition to speaking with the liable party on your behalf, we can keep you updated on everything that happens through your case.
- Collecting sufficient evidence: Depending on how and where your accident happened, we might be able to use materials like medical reports, witness statements, and police reports to build your case.
- Negotiating a settlement: Insurers often want to end a case as quickly as you do. This gives us an opening to negotiate with them and get them to agree to pay what you need, not what they want to pay.
- Seeking a jury award: In cases where negotiations are not appropriate, our law firm can take the case to court instead. We can represent you before a jury by making arguments, questioning witnesses, and submitting trial exhibits.
You do not have to be concerned about our “taking over” your case: our team never makes important decisions without the client’s input. You retain the right to decide what moves to make and when. MD Accident Law can advise you on—but never dictate—what those moves should be.
Delaware Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who Caused Your Truck Accident in Delaware?
Most truck accidents are caused by human error and/or mechanical failure. For example, your crash may have happened due to one or a combination of the following factors:
- The truck driver’s failure to obey traffic laws, such as the speed limit
- The trucking company’s failure to hire qualified drivers or to ensure those drivers are capable of doing their job
- The truck manufacturer’s failure to ensure the safety of their products
- The truck mechanic’s failure to properly evaluate and repair the vehicle they are responsible for
It only takes one moment of carelessness to cause a devastating crash. Sometimes, however, multiple factors may lead to a truck accident.
Say that the truck driver drifted out of their lane due to exhaustion caused by the trucking company denying them proper breaks. In such a situation, you could sue the truck driver (for not staying in their lane) and the trucking company (for disobeying the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules regarding driver breaks).
By letting Adam M. Smallow investigate your crash, you can be sure that your case will target all of the at-fault parties—and that no one gets away with harming you and your family.
Find Out How Our Delaware Attorneys Can Help
MD Accident Law has over ten years of experience dealing with truck accident cases. Our Delaware truck accident lawyers can work for you in exchange for a contingency fee, meaning you owe us no attorney’s fees until you win. Reach out to us today at (410) 777-8960 so that we can get started.