Boats provide a great way to have fun on the water in and around Edgewood. They can also be dangerous. As you may already know, boating accidents can lead to serious injuries, for which our lawyers can pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Did you suffer harm in a boating accident? If another party’s negligence caused your injuries, you could seek compensation via a claim or lawsuit. MD Accident Law is ready to extend a helping hand. Our Edgewood personal injury lawyer can start championing your rights today.
We Are Ready to Pursue What You Need and Deserve After a Boating Accident
In a boating accident case, compensation could comprise:
- Pain and suffering: A serious boating accident can be a traumatic experience. You can receive compensation for its physical and emotional toll.
- Reduced quality of life: After an accident, your family’s life may never be the same. You might need their help completing everyday tasks, be unable to enjoy quality time with loved ones, or have to sacrifice things like group activities and family vacations.
- Medical expenses: Even with health insurance, boating accident injuries can be expensive. A settlement can reduce your financial stress by accounting for your past and anticipated healthcare needs. It could ensure your family never has to worry about accident-related medical bills again.
- Lost wages: Did your boating accident leave you with a permanent or temporary debilitating injury? Depending on your job, you could recover lost tips, bonuses, contracts, and commissions. You could also be compensated if you lost your job entirely.
- Property damage: If your boat sustained damage in the collision, compensation should account for any necessary repairs.
We are committed to recovering everything our clients need. You can learn more about other types of recoverable damages during your free case review.
How Much Could You Recover From Your Edgewood Boating Accident?
Boating accident case values vary wildly. Insurance negotiations, the types of injuries involved, and other specifics can affect what you can recover.
Assigning a value to your case is important. This knowledge will help you avoid a low settlement and aim for the best possible outcome. Our Edgewood boating accident lawyer can explain what you are owed after reviewing your case.
For legal consultation with a boating accident attorney in Edgewood, call (410)777-8960
Why Partner With Adam M. Smallow on Your Boating Accident?
Boating accident cases involve a complicated mix of insurance negotiations and legal action. As an accident survivor, you may already face medical expenses, serious injuries, and property damage costs. You do not need to face the complexities of your case alone.
The personal injury lawyers at MD Accident Law are committed to providing clients with a hassle-free legal experience. These are a few benefits of hiring our law firm:
- Communicative legal support: A boating accident case can flood your mind with seemingly endless questions. We can put those questions to rest. We also offer a unique 24/7 helpline.
- Medical recommendations: Our firm has a network of medical partners. We can draw on this network to provide you with medical expertise after your boating accident.
- Rest and recovery: You deserve time to recover after your boating accident. Our personal injury law firm can take on your case’s challenges so that you do not have to do so. Our top priority is to make your recovery as stress-free as possible.
- Compassionate legal advice: You and your family have been through enough. Let us investigate your accident and work with you to consider all of your legal options. We always treat our clients with the dignity and kindness they need.
What Exactly Does a Boating Accident Lawyer Do?
In addition to the benefits listed above, your lawyer can also:
- Manage all case communications
- Explain your case’s possible outcomes
- File a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Negotiate hard for a fair settlement
- Fight in the courtroom, if needed
- Act as your representative
Above all, our team wants to fight for you. Adam M. Smallow can explore every avenue that could award compensation for your losses. We want your boating accident case to end with financial justice.
We Can Gather Evidence to Support Your Edgewood Boating Accident Case
Evidence is crucial. It must demonstrate that another party’s negligence caused your accident and that you suffered damages. To collect the materials we need, we may visit the accident scene and track down anyone who has helpful information.
Supporting evidence in your case could include:
- Police or other similar incident reports
- Footage of the accident
- Images of the accident
- Eyewitness reports
- Your medical records
Our boating accident attorney can gather this evidence and use it to build your case.
Edgewood Boating Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Manage Boating Accident Cases Related to These Factors
Adam M. Smallow, our founder and lead attorney, represents clients who have suffered harm due to:
- Boat-on-boat collisions
- Boat-on-person collisions
- Negligent tour guides or boat captains
- Jet ski accidents
- Submerged dangers
Such accidents are often the result of negligence. Examples of careless behavior that you could file a case over include:
- Distracted driving if the operator is not paying attention to their surroundings
- Drunk driving, if the operator used any intoxicating substance before or while piloting the boat
- Reckless driving, if the operator was going too fast or purposefully getting too close to others
If your accident involved the negligence of another party on the water, our team could review your case and explain your options.
How Long Do You Have to File a Boating Accident Lawsuit?
Most lawsuit types have a statute of limitations outlining how long you have to file your lawsuit. Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years to file your boat accident case.
Lawsuits are one of the tools in your toolbox. They are not required in every case. However, if negotiations come to a standstill, filing or threatening a lawsuit could compel the insurer to settle.
You do not want to lose your chance to recover compensation. The sooner you get started on your case, the better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Say Great Things About Partnering With Our Firm
Many of our clients have had positive experiences with Adam M. Smallow:
- “I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.” – Sean M.
- “We can’t say enough good things about Adam.” – John N.
- “Not only are all my injured [sic] pains gone, but my settlement was more than I have expected.” – Minassie K.
You can learn more about what clients have to say by reading their testimonials—and rest assured that our personal injury attorney can work just as hard on your case as on past legal actions.
What if the Liable Party Does Not Have Boating Insurance?
Boating accidents are not car accidents, so they involve less strict insurance regulations. According to the Maryland Insurance Administration, boaters in Edgewood are not required to carry specific watercraft insurance. Nonetheless, many lenders and docks mandate boating insurance.
Some insurance companies also provide third-party liability insurance for boaters. If the liable party was carrying this type of insurance, it could compensate you.
If the liable party was not carrying insurance at the time of the accident, our boating accident attorneys can explore your options. Even if nobody involved has insurance, you can still seek damages.
Hire an Edgewood Boating Accident Lawyer From Our Team
Our firm is committed to representing the residents of Edgewood, Maryland. We offer free case evaluations, and we work on a contingency-fee basis. Call our law firm at (410) 777-8960 and let Adam M. Smallow teach you about your legal options. Our Edgewood boating accident lawyer wants to help your family secure a fair outcome after a preventable collision.