Boats provide a great way to have fun on the water. They can also be dangerous. As you may already know, boating accidents can lead to serious injuries.
Did you suffer harm in a boating accident? If another party’s negligence caused your injuries, you could seek compensation via a claim or lawsuit. The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is ready to extend a helping hand. Our Edgewood boating accident lawyer can start championing your rights today.
We Manage Boating Accident Cases Related to These Factors
Adam M. Smallow, our founder and lead attorney, represents clients who have suffered harm due to:
- Boat-on-boat collisions
- Boat-on-person collisions
- Negligent tour guides or boat captains
- Jet ski accidents
- Submerged dangers
If your accident involved the negligence of another party on the water, our team could review your case and explain your options.
For legal consultation with a boating accident attorney in Edgewood, call (410)777-8960
How Long Do I Have To File a Boating Accident Lawsuit?
Most lawsuit types have a statute of limitations, outlining how long you have to file your lawsuit. Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years to file your boat accident case.
Lawsuits are one of the tools in your toolbox. They’re not required in every case. However, if negotiations come to a standstill, filing or threatening a lawsuit could compel the insurer to settle.
You don’t want to lose your chance to recover compensation. So, the sooner you get started on your case, the better.
Edgewood Boating Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We’re Ready To Pursue What You Need and Deserve
In a boating accident case, compensation could comprise:
- Pain and suffering: A serious boating accident can be a traumatic experience. You can receive compensation for its physical and emotional toll.
- Medical expenses: Even with health insurance, boating accident injuries can be expensive. A settlement can reduce your financial stress by accounting for your past and anticipated healthcare needs.
- Lost wages: Did your boating accident leave you with a permanent or temporary debilitating injury? Depending on your job, you could recover lost tips, bonuses, contracts, and commissions.
- Property damage: If your boat sustained damage in the collision, compensation should account for any necessary repairs.
We’re committed to recovering everything you need. You can learn more about other types of recoverable damages during your free case review.
How Much Could I Recover?
Damages are broken down into different groups:
- Economic damages: If it costs you money, it’s an economic damage. Lost wages and medical expenses are both economic damages.
- Non-economic damages: Boating accidents don’t just drain your wallet; they can cause immense pain and suffering. Non-economic damages cover these emotional losses.
Boating accident case values vary wildly. Insurance negotiations, the types of injuries involved, and other specifics can affect what you can recover.
Assigning a value to your case is important. This knowledge will help you avoid a low settlement and aim for the best possible outcome. Our Edgewood boating accident lawyer can explain what you’re owed after reviewing your case.
Why Partner with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow?
Boating accident cases involve a complicated mix of insurance negotiations and legal action. As a victim, you may already face medical expenses, serious injuries, and property damage costs. You don’t need to face the complexities of your case alone.
Adam M. Smallow, our lead attorney, is committed to providing clients with a hassle-free legal experience. These are a few benefits of hiring Mr. Smallow:
- Communicative legal support: A boating accident case can flood your mind with seemingly endless questions. We’ll put those questions to rest. We also offer a unique 24/7 helpline.
- Medical recommendations: Our firm has a network of medical partners. We can draw on this network to provide you with medical expertise after your boating accident.
- Rest and recovery: You deserve time to recover after your boating accident. Mr. Smallow will take on your case’s challenges, so you don’t have to. Our top priority is to make your recovery as stress-free as possible.
What Exactly Does a Boating Accident Lawyer Do?
In addition to the benefits listed above, your lawyer will also:
- Manage all case communications
- Provide legal advice
- Explain your case’s possible outcomes
- File a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Fight in the courtroom, if needed
- Act as your representative
Above all, our team will fight for you. Mr. Smallow will explore every avenue that could award compensation for your losses. We want your boating accident case to end with financial justice.
We Will Gather Evidence To Support Your Case
Evidence is crucial. It must demonstrate that another party’s negligence caused your accident, and you suffered damages. Supporting evidence in your case could include:
- Police or other similar incident reports
- Footage of the accident
- Images of the accident
- Eyewitness reports
Mr. Smallow will gather this evidence and use it to build your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Say Great Things About Partnering with Our Firm
Many of our clients have had positive experiences with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow:
- “I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.” – Sean M.
- “We can’t say enough good things about Adam.” – John N.
- “Not only are all my injured pains gone, but my settlement was more than I have expected.” – Minassie K.
You can learn more about what clients have to say by reading their testimonials.
What if the Liable Party Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Boating accidents aren’t car accidents, so they involve less strict insurance regulations. In Edgewood, Maryland, boaters aren’t required to carry specific watercraft insurance. Yet, many lenders and docks mandate boating insurance.
Some insurance companies also provide third-party liability insurance for boaters. If the liable party was carrying this type of insurance, it could compensate you.
If the liable party wasn’t carrying insurance at the time of the accident, Mr. Smallow and his team will explore your options. Even if nobody involved has insurance, you can still seek damages.
Hire an Edgewood Boating Accident Lawyer from Our Team
Our firm is committed to representing the residents of Harford County. We offer free case evaluations, and we work on a contingency-fee basis.
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to learn about your legal options.