Even at low speeds, a collision between a commercial truck and a passenger vehicle can have life-threatening consequences. If you or a loved one was injured in a collision like this, you have legal options.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, our Accokeek personal injury lawyer can help you identify the at-fault party — which could be the truck driver, his employer, or the manufacturer of the truck. We can also gather evidence and handle all case-related communications.
You can explore your options right now during a free case review.
Our Team Will Track Your Truck Accident Injuries
The costs of treating the injuries you sustained in the accident are recoverable. When we represent you, we make sure all injury-related medical care is carefully tracked and documented. This helps us ensure none of your medical expenses are omitted or overlooked.
We track your injuries and expenses by collecting your:
- Medical records
- Rehab records
- Therapy records
We also obtain a written prognosis from each of your treating physicians. It helps us establish the anticipated costs of the medical care you require to treat your injuries.
Recover Medical Care and More After a Truck Accident
You can recover more than healthcare expenses following your truck accident. We also fight to recover the following damages that stem from your injuries:
- Lost income you incur when your injuries and recovery force you to stop working
- Physical pain and suffering for the trauma your body endures due to your injuries
- Mental and emotional distress you experience while coping with the accident’s aftermath
- Property damage, total loss, or diminished value of your accident-involved vehicle
- Compensation for any physical disabilities or disfigurement caused by the accident
You can also recover wrongful death-related damages if someone you love was fatally injured in the accident. In that instance, you could recover the cost of their funeral, burial, and end-of-life care costs.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Accokeek, call (410)777-8960
Maryland’s Statute of Limitations: What You Need To Know
Because your accident happened in Accokeek, its filing deadline is governed by Maryland’s statute of limitations. Our truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will explain the filing deadline and how it applies to your potential lawsuit.
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
With sufficient notice from you, our personal injury team will ensure compliance with the statute of limitations.
Accokeek Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Trust Our Law Firm To Fight for You
When we say we handle every aspect of your case, we mean it. We do not even task you with collecting evidence. Our firm will order the truck accident report, medical records, and all other evidence pertinent to your case. We will also:
- Recommend health care providers — the same ones we trust to take care of our own friends, family, and team members.
- Foster open lines of communication — our team is available around the clock to address your questions and concerns. Our methods of communication include phone calls, emails, and a dedicated text number for 24/7 text communication.
- Interview witnesses — this includes locating and interviewing witnesses and taking depositions if your case goes to court.
We also work hard to prove the at-fault party’s negligence because Maryland is one of only four states with a contributory negligence law. It can ban you from getting any compensation at all if you are found to bear even a single percent of fault for the accident.
You Only Pay Us if You Win
A truck accident can lead to overwhelming medical expenses. You may also be unable to work during your recovery period. Our law firm will not add to your financial stress and strain. Instead, we will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. Here is what that means for you:
- You get a free evaluation of your case.
- We absorb all costs associated with your case, including its filing fees and consulting costs.
We do not expect or receive compensation until we win it for you. Our personal injury team will explain the details and benefits of our fee agreement right from the start.
Reviews and Feedback from Previous Clients
Previous clients explain what it’s like to work with our client-focused staff on our case reviews page. Our team works hard to garner reviews and recommendations like these:
- Todd: I have referred several clients to Mr. Smallow, and all have been pleased with the level of service he provided. I would not hesitate to refer anyone looking for assistance to him. I highly recommend his services.
- Roson: My experience has been exceptional. The staff is friendly, understanding, and, most importantly, experienced, knowledgeable, and professional. You will not have any regrets choosing them for your legal needs. 10/10!
We never stop advocating for injured clients. When our personal injury lawyer fights for you, our entire team is on your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Considerations After Your Truck Accident in Accokeek
After suffering harm in a collision, we recommend:
- Seeking medical care and following your treatment plan
- Limiting what you share online about the collision
- Documenting what you remember about the accident
- Referring the claims adjuster to your lawyer
- Running any settlement offers past your legal team
We can explain more about what you should consider doing after your collision. Anything you say or do after getting hurt could affect your case’s final outcome.
Call for Your Free Consultation
Were you or someone you love injured in a truck accident in Accokeek? If you were, or if your family lost a loved one, our truck accident lawyer will help you get the financial compensation you need and deserve. Let our team focus on your case so you can focus on healing.
Contact the case consultation team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow now.