Motorcycle drivers and passengers are exposed to a variety of injuries in the event of a collision with a vehicle. That exposure can lead to painful and serious injuries as well as unpredictable expenses and losses. On your own, it can be hard to identify who you should pursue for compensation or even know where to begin. You do not have to pursue the at-fault driver on your own when your trust your case to our personal injury team.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, our Pleasant Hills motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get compensation for your injuries and related expenses. We can also help the surviving family members of fatally injured accident victims. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we help you fight for financial compensation with an out-of-court settlement. If necessary, we will take your case to court and help you continue your fight for fair compensation.
Uncover the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident can be a life-changing event for the rider who was injured and for their family and friends. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019 alone:
- 84,000 motorcycle occupants were injured in accidents
- 5,014 motorcycle occupants were fatally injured in accidents
When our personal injury team is on your side, we can help you prove three key components of your accident – its cause, its costs, and its effect on your life. Combined together, these factors prove your right to compensation and what amount should be.
Establish the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident
The evidence that supports your right to compensation can be difficult to obtain on your own. When our team handles your case, we also handle evidence collection for you. While you concentrate on getting well, our personal injury team will gather key evidence, including:
- Crash report: The crash report documents the causes and contributing factors of the accident, the observations of the accident scene investigators, and the condition and behavior of the at-fault driver.
- Medical records: Medical records document the cause and severity of your injuries, your required care to date, anticipated future care, and prospects for recovery.
- Income records: Income records help us prove the value of your financial losses. These may include paycheck stubs, tax records, and direct deposit slips.
When available, we also obtain copies of photos and videos. These can come from a variety of sources, including witnesses, bystanders, and police officers. We also canvass the area for available residential and commercial surveillance footage.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents attorney in Pleasant Hills, call (410)886-6215
Prove the Cost of Your Pleasant Hills Accident
A motorcycle accident can leave a myriad of financial expenses and losses in its wake. When we represent you, we will assess your damages and assign an accurate value to your case. Our motorcycle accident lawyer can request both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will work diligently to make sure that your case is not undervalued or underpaid and that any anticipated future costs are covered by the at-fault driver. This extra step helps ensure that later expenses are covered by the driver whose negligence led to the accident, not by you and your family.
Our Team Will Safeguard Your Potential Lawsuit
We will help you weigh the settlement offers you receive to identify the right one for you – and if an acceptable offer is never made, we are ready to take your case to court. To make sure that you do not inadvertently relinquish your right to compensation, we must comply with Maryland’s statute of limitations:
- The state’s personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, per Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The state’s wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years, per Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
Most injury victims prefer to have their cases settled quickly and fairly. Our goal is to settle your case out of court, so you can start putting your life back together as soon as possible.
Pleasant Hills Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)886-6215
The Life-Changing Impact of a Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, you could require physical and psychological support for long periods of time. If your injuries prevent you from working, you might also require financial support.
We are passionate about helping injured clients, and we understand the toll an accident can take on your life. To support you throughout your fight for compensation – and to prevent the contributory negligence laws in Maryland from barring you from compensation – we will work to prove the at-fault party is fully responsible for the accident.
We also create an open avenue for communication by ensuring that your lawyer is available when you need them. We will give you a phone number, email address, and unique text number so you can reach us at your convenience, 24 hours a day. To help ensure that you get outstanding health care to maximize your physical recovery, we also recommend the same doctors that we suggest to our own friends and family members.
Client Satisfaction Is Our Number-One Goal
Client care is an important part of your experience with our personal injury team. Here’s what satisfied clients have to say about us:
- “Adam was extremely easy to get a hold of… kept communication open and made sure I was aware of everything… I will and have already recommended the Smallow Law Offices to friends and colleagues.” – Carlo
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” – Dana
To read more real-life examples of how we never give up on a client’s right to financial recovery, visit our client testimonials page.
Call for Your Free Consultation Today
Were you or a loved one hurt, or was a loved one fatally injured, in a motorcycle accident in Pleasant Hills? Would you like to discuss your case and explore your legal options?
Put our motorcycle accident lawyer to work for you by calling the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow at (410) 777-8960 for a free case review.