If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Perry Hall, Maryland, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow could help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Our Perry Hall car accident lawyers can build a case proving another party caused your injuries and defend you against allegations that your actions led to your accident.
You Should Not Have to Pay for a Car Accident You Did Not Cause
Maryland is a fault state, meaning drivers must pay for accidents they cause. According to Maryland’s Motor Vehicle Administration, the state mandates that motorists insure all vehicles with minimums of:
- $30,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $60,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $15,000 for property damage
If your accident resulted from another driver’s negligent behavior or reckless actions, they should pay for your losses. So, if you or a loved one sustained injuries in an accident on Belair Road, Silver Springs Road, or elsewhere in Perry Hall, we could help you recover your damages. In general, personal injury victims can pursue compensation for:
- Medical treatment: Our attorneys can pursue your past and future medical expenses, including the cost of emergency transportation and treatment, x-rays and other diagnostic tests, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription drugs, medical devices, physical therapy and rehabilitation, in-home health services, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost income: We can pursue your lost wages, benefits, and other earnings. In addition, if you sustained an injury that forces you to change jobs, reduce your hours, or quit working, we can seek compensation for losing your earning potential.
- Vehicle damages: We can help you get the money you need to fix your vehicle. If the damages are a total loss, we can seek a fair sum for its replacement value.
- Pain and suffering: Severe injuries can leave victims with lasting physical, mental, and emotional debilities. You deserve compensation for quality-of-life reductions caused by your car accident, including anxiety, depression, loss of mobility or paralysis, chronic pain, mental anguish, loss of a limb or body part, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Maryland Wrongful Death Compensation
According to the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT), there were 559 motor vehicle crash fatalities statewide in 2021. Baltimore County alone had 28 crash fatalities during the first five months of 2022.
If your loved one died because of a car accident injury, our lawyers could help you seek compensation for their wrongful death. Awards may include:
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased’s financial support
- Loss of marital care, filial care, or parental care
- Loss of the decedent’s advice, counsel, training, and guidance
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship, protection, and comfort
- Surviving family members’ pain and suffering
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Perry Hall, call (410)777-8960
Proving Fault for Your Perry Hall Car Accident
To win compensation, you must prove that another party’s negligent actions caused your collision. The liable party is likely another driver, but defective vehicles and vehicle parts can cause accidents, as can dangerous or negligent road conditions. Some common causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Texting and driving
- Illegal passing
- Improper turns
- Hazardous or poorly designed intersections
- Negligent snow and ice removal
- Potholes and cracked roadways
- Broken traffic signals
- Blown tires, defective brakes, and engine trouble
Our Perry Hall car accident lawyers can investigate your crash and determine if the liable party is a driver, manufacturer, or roadway owner. Then, we’ll collect and review case evidence, including medical records, police reports, witness statements, and data from the scene of your crash. Finally, if necessary, we work with crash reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and other experts who can testify on your behalf.
We have experience with car accident cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Trucks, buses, and commercial vehicles
- Sideswipe or “T-bone” collisions
- Drunk drivers
- Rear-end collisions
- Bicycles and pedestrians
- Construction vehicles
There Is a Deadline for Your Car Accident Case
Do not wait too long to begin investigating and building your case. According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, Maryland’s statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is three years. Meanwhile, Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 allows three years to file a wrongful death case.
Perry Hall Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Car Accident Attorneys Will Stand By Your Side
We want to get you the financial awards you deserve so that you can address your medical bills and other damages without jeopardizing your financial stability. However, you are more than just a case number or settlement value to our team. Instead, we put our clients first and care deeply about helping you get back on your feet.
Our team will handle all your legal needs—from filing your insurance claims to gathering evidence and representing you during settlement negotiations. We want to make the process of financial recovery as easy and stress-free as possible so that you can turn your energy toward healing from your accident.
If you have not sought medical treatment, do so immediately. It is essential for your health and your case. Treatment ensures your injuries do not worsen and creates a medical record for your claims. If you need help finding a healthcare provider, we can recommend a qualified professional who our staff and their families would entrust with their care.
Our Team Is Available 24/7
We pride ourselves on our availability to our clients. We know your case is important to you, so we want to make sure you can get the answers you need when you need them. Of course, you can reach our team by phone or email, but we also provide clients with a unique number for 24/7 text communications.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Call our MD Accident Law team today for a risk-free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our Perry Hall car accident lawyers can serve you. In addition, we follow a no-win, no-fee pay structure, so if we do not secure compensation for you, you owe us nothing.