If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, you might have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or case. By assigning fault and financial liability to the at-fault driver, we can help you recover both economic and non-economic damages. We also handle all case-related communication and deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, our Largo motorcycle accident lawyer will explain and help you understand each step of the financial recovery process. We also take each step with you, ensuring that your case meets all requirements and your injuries are accurately documented and valued – including the costs and expectations of future medical care.
Required Medical Care After a Motorcycle Accident
According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety statistics, motorcycle riders are at a greater risk of catastrophic physical injuries and loss of life than vehicle drivers and their passengers. Due to their lack of protection, severe physical injuries that are common in motorcycle accidents include:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and spine injuries
Motorcyclists are also prone to road rash, an injury caused by direct impact with the road and terrain of the accident scene. Your full range of medical expenses should be the responsibility of the at-fault driver. We obtain copies of your medical records and bills to prove the cause of your motorcycle accident and the ongoing costs of your required care.
Mental Health Care After Your Accident
As the victim of a motorcycle accident, you may have psychological scars that accompany your physical injuries. Mayo Clinic research cites traumatic events that threaten your safety or your life as the cause of many diagnosed cases of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Recovering from PTSD can involve:
- Learning and implementing coping skills
- Support and encouragement from family and friends
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications
The costs of the psychological and therapeutic support you need after your accident can potentially be recovered from the at-fault driver. Our team will use your medical records to prove their current and future value and to ensure that your compensation request is appropriate.
Additional Recoverable Damages
The monetary damages that result from a motorcycle accident can add up alarmingly fast. The costs of your treatment and recovery plan are only a portion of your recoverable damages. We can also pursue:
- The repair or replacement value of your motorcycle
- Lost wages (including future income)
- Compensation for ongoing physical pain and suffering
While you focus on your recovery – or helping a loved one through theirs – our team focuses on building and valuing your case. We can also help your family fight for wrongful death compensation after suffering the loss of a loved one.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Largo, call (410)777-8960
How Our Personal Injury Team Supports Your Case
After a motorcycle accident in Largo, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will support you throughout your fight for compensation, including handling all communications with the at-fault driver and their insurer. To resolve your case, we will:
- Order your police report and any other documents we need to substantiate your case and prove your right to recovery
- Protect you from the potentially devastating impact of Maryland contributory negligence laws that could bar you from receiving the compensation you deserve
- Maintain ongoing communication 24/7 by giving you a unique text number and responding promptly to your phone calls and emails
- Recommend the same highly qualified medical care providers that we suggest to our own friends, family members, and staff
Every aspect of your post-accident recovery matters to our team — medical, psychological, and financial. We never stop advocating for you and fight hard to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their negligence.
We Preserve Your Right to Take Your Case to Court
Your personal injury case is more likely to be settled outside of court rather than by trial. If filing a lawsuit is your best option for a fair settlement, our personal injury team will make sure that your potential lawsuit is filed on time. The statutes of limitations in Maryland include:
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 – The statute of limitations for personal injury generally limits your right to file your lawsuit to three years
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 – The statute of limitations for wrongful death also generally limits your right to file your lawsuit to three years
The final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer is always yours. We will not hesitate to present your case in court if the settlement offer you deserve is not made. Your recovery after an accident is our priority, so we also make sure you get the in-office support and encouragement of our entire team.
Previous Clients Talk About Our Service and Support
If you want to know what our client service experience is like, this insight from past clients can help:
- “Adam does not see his clients as paydays or case files, but rather as individuals looking for TRUST and STRAIGHTFORWARD REPRESENTATION. Speaking from personal experience… Adam Smallow is my choice; make him yours.” – Cameron
- “I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hardworking and committed to supporting his clients. He is very well-connected in the Baltimore community and with other lawyers. He is easy to talk to and eager to help.” – Stephanie
Our personal injury team is dedicated to providing a 360-degree client care experience. Read more about it on our client testimonials page.
Largo Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one were injured in Largo when a negligent driver caused your motorcycle accident, you could have the basis of a personal injury case for financial compensation. We offer free case reviews to learn more about your legal options – all with no upfront fees or unexpected costs.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer is ready to assess your damages and build the strongest case possible. To get started, call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow at (410) 777-8960 today.