Pedestrian accidents can result in especially severe injuries that affect your ability to work and take care of your loved ones. Our office helps people in Largo recover fair compensation from such accidents by assigning a lawyer to handle their cases for them.
A claim or lawsuit cannot undo the damage done by the collision. It can, however, give you one less thing to worry about as you recover by enabling you to support your family over the long term. Let MD Accident Law’s Largo personal injury lawyer fight for your rights.
What You Need to Know About Pedestrian Accident Damages in Largo
You may have already guessed that seeking compensation takes a lot more work than simply identifying the at-fault party and asking them for the money you need. A Largo pedestrian accident lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can tell you more about the process and even handle all legal tasks for you.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation Takes Many Forms
You deserve reimbursement for everything the accident has taken from you, whether that is money, physical health, or emotional stability. In past personal injury cases, our legal team has fought for damages like the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income or job benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
Damages Help Families Recover From Pedestrian Accidents
It is reasonable to wonder if taking legal action is worth it. Would your time not be better spent on receiving medical care and relaxing with loved ones? At the same time, does your family not deserve compensation for the many difficulties this accident has caused?
At MD Accident Law, we think our clients deserve both a peaceful recovery and fair compensation. We can manage your legal case while you devote your time to feeling better and coping as a family.
Finding Evidence for Your Pedestrian Accident Damages
To recover damages like those listed above, you will first need to find strong evidence that establishes the liable party’s identity, their specific role in your accident, and the monetary worth of your injuries. Adam M. Smallow can take care of this for you by:
- Requesting all necessary documentation, such as medical records, to establish your injuries
- Identifying everyone who may have pertinent information and interviewing them about the crash
- Looking at your bills, receipts, and paystubs to determine the financial losses related to your case
Your Ability to Collect Damages in Largo Is Time-Sensitive
In Maryland, personal injury survivors have three years from the date of injury to begin a case, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. Missing this deadline could mean losing the compensation your family deserves.
To make sure you begin your case before Maryland’s statute of limitations runs out, it is a good idea to consult with our firm right after you get medical care for your injuries. This way, we have the maximum amount of time to consider your legal rights and options.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Largo, call (410)777-8960
Our Attorneys Can Manage Your Largo Accident Case
When you have been hit by a car or another vehicle, the last thing you need to be doing is causing yourself additional stress by embarking on legal action by yourself. A pedestrian accident attorney from MD Accident Law can represent your case by:
- Giving you a phone number that you can use to text us with questions at any time, day or night
- Handling communications with other parties so that the insurance company does not get a chance to misinterpret your words to their advantage or pressure you into acting against your interests
- Building a strong case file that proves the accident was not your fault and that your family qualifies for damages
- Recommending a doctor to diagnose and treat your injuries if you are having trouble finding someone you are satisfied with
- Determining how much money you need to rebuild your life and negotiating with the insurer for that amount
- Taking the at-fault party to court and seeking a jury award if we feel that will be more effective than pursuing a settlement out of court
- Offering realistic and timely advice that allows you to make the right legal decisions for your family
- Consulting you before making any decisions about the future of your case, such as whether to accept a settlement offer or to start preparing for trial
- Charging you no attorney’s fees whatsoever unless and until you receive compensation
Largo Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Largo Pedestrian Accidents Are Far Too Common
The third page of a report issued by Zero Deaths Maryland illustrates just how common pedestrian accidents are in Prince George’s County. Their data shows that:
- There was a total of 425 accidents involving pedestrians in this county in 2022. Only Baltimore City saw a higher number of such collisions.
- Pedestrian crashes are very dangerous. Out of the 425 total pedestrian accidents, 338 were injury crashes. That means nearly eight out of ten such collisions caused at least one injury.
- Prince George’s County was the deadliest county for pedestrians. On average, during the five-year period from 2018 to 2022, over a quarter of all fatal pedestrian crashes happened here.
Our Largo Clients Are More Than Statistics
The team at Adam M. Smallow recognizes that each of our clients is a unique individual with a unique case. That is why we provide such close and personalized attention to each and every case we take on.
We believe that even one pedestrian accident is too many—and that the parties responsible for the accident should be held accountable. Our firm can help you fight for the just outcome you deserve.
Our Lawyers Serve Pedestrian Accident Survivors in Largo
If you were injured by someone else’s negligence, do not settle for anyone else. Adam M. Smallow can focus on your case while you focus on healing. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 to get a free case review, during which we will assess your case’s merits and explain how our Largo pedestrian accident lawyer can protect your rights.