If you suffered an injury from a car accident caused by a negligent driver, you may be experiencing stress and uncertainty. You could have doctor visits, medical expenses, and insurance adjusters to deal with, all while dealing with the pain of your injury. It would only be natural to wonder if you are making the right decisions in this situation.
When you work with a Jarrettsville car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have an advocate who is looking out for your rights. We want you to focus on healing. Let us take care of the rest. Our personal injury lawyers can handle all communications, negotiations, deadlines, and paperwork in your case when we represent you.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Helps People Like You
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow offers free consultations to anyone who wants more information about their rights following a car accident. We do not want you to have to worry about anything except getting better.
Our team will:
- Defer payment: Per our fee agreement, clients never pay attorneys’ fees until we get compensation for them.
- Make our team accessible: Feel free to call, text, or email us with any problem at any time. We make it a point to be there for clients whenever they need us.
- Keep in touch: In addition to encouraging clients to contact us as necessary, we contact them whenever we have something significant to report.
- Explain your rights: We make sure clients understand exactly what they are entitled to under the law—and what their own responsibilities are when it comes to seeking compensation.
- Negotiate a settlement: Car accident cases do not always go to court. We work hard to get clients pretrial settlements, sparing them the expense and stress of a trial. Yet, we are also prepared to go to court if we must.
- Manage all paperwork: While we can guide you through the process of filling out paperwork (if you prefer to handle it yourself), we can also take care of it all on our own, sparing you the trouble.
Our firm’s top priority is helping you navigate Maryland law while making the legal process as easy and pain-free as possible. We understand that you have already gone through a lot. You deserve the chance to relax and let our team do all the hard work for you.
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Jarrettsville, call (410)777-8960
What to Do Following a Car Accident in Jarrettsville, Maryland
After a car accident, it is important to:
- See a physician and have any accident-related injuries diagnosed and treated. Doing this can create evidence in your medical record that your injuries came from the car accident and not some other cause.
- Make sure to retain any documentation you have from the accident scene, including photos of the damage to your car and the contact information from potential witnesses. Also, keep all receipts from your medical treatment and damaged property, such as car repair estimates.
- Be cautious when speaking with the responsible party’s insurance company, as it may use statements you give as opposing evidence. Refrain from talking about the case to anyone who is not a police officer or your lawyer.
- You can also speak to the driver who hit you to collect their contact information and insurance information. If you see any witnesses around, you can collect their contact information, as well. If you forgot this step, do not worry too much; this same information could be available in the responding police officer’s report.
A Jarrettsville car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can communicate with the insurance companies and all other involved parties when we represent you. We also offer free, no-obligation case reviews to Jarrettsville accident survivors to help them understand their legal options. It will cost you nothing to consult with our staff.
Jarrettsville Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Will Build Your Car Accident Case in Maryland
Before you can receive any compensation from the liable party, you must prove that they caused your accident. We can help you pursue a case against:
- A driver who was distracted, drove too fast, ignored a traffic signal, or behaved aggressively
- A driver’s employer, if the driver who hit you was working at the time of the collision
- The government agency responsible for fixing broken traffic lights, filling potholes, and otherwise ensuring safe roadways
- An auto part manufacturer that failed to properly test or recall a product that contributed to the accident
- A pedestrian who entered the roadway illegally and caused a distraction
We Will Use Evidence to Support Your Injury Claim or Lawsuit
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow understands what it takes to establish the liable party’s guilt. We can collect evidence reflecting the other party’s negligence. These details may include:
- Videos, photos, or police reports from the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Your medical records
- Evidence from your damaged vehicle
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- And more
You may already possess some of this evidence, in which case, we would be happy to receive those materials. Otherwise, we do all of the work when it comes to collecting evidence. You would not have to find or request anything.
Click to contact our Jarrettsville Personal Injury Attorneys today
How does Car Insurance Work in Maryland?
The state requires that drivers carry:
- A minimum of $30,000 per person in bodily injury liability (BIL)
- $60,000 for two or more people per accident in BIL coverage
- $15,000 in property damage liability (PDL) coverage
- An equal amount of uninsured/underinsured (UIM) motorist coverage
If your damages exceed the limits of the other person’s insurance coverage and your own UIM coverage, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can pursue additional compensation from the at-fault driver in a personal injury lawsuit. Keep in mind, however, that according to Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings § 5–101, a general three-year statute of limitations limits your right to file.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
If you are able to establish the responsible party’s liability for your car accident, you may be able to recover:
- Physical pain and mental suffering
- Emotional distress or mental trauma
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium (the loss of your spousal relationship)
- Physical disability
- Intellectual disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- And more
In addition, damages for financial losses are available, such as:
- Emergency medical treatment and ambulance fees
- Current and future costs of medical care
- Lost wages, if you had to miss time at work during your recovery
- Reduced earning capability, if you can no longer work at the same capacity as before the accident
- Property damages
- And more
These damages have already cost you and your family enough in physical, emotional, and financial pain. You should not have to continue paying for someone else’s mistake. Our team wants to fight for the compensation that would make your life a little easier.
Accident survivors must produce evidence of their damages to collect compensation for them. The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can handle this task when we represent you.
Wrongful Death Damages After a Car Accident
Tragically, some car accidents end with fatal injuries. If your loved one lost their life in a Jarrettsville car accident caused by another party’s negligence, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you pursue compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit.
The recoverable damages in this type of case may include funeral and burial costs, pre-death medical care, and more. We can tell you more about wrongful death actions during your first appointment.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Can Help You
Dealing with insurance companies in the aftermath of a car accident and wondering about whether you are being treated fairly can be stressful. A Jarrettsville car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can negotiate with the insurance companies and defend your rights. If we do not believe the responsible party’s insurer is making you a fair settlement offer, we can take your case to trial.
Our firm takes cases on a contingency-fee basis, where our clients only pay us attorney fees if and when they recover compensation via a settlement offer or court award. For your free consultation with a member of our team, call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form