If you used Lyft’s rideshare services in Harford County and got injured in an accident while inside the vehicle, you may have grounds to sue for compensation. Alternatively, if you or a loved one was injured in a collision with a Lyft vehicle, you may be entitled to recover your damages through a legal claim. For more information contact our Harford personal injury lawyer.
A Harford County Lyft accident lawyer from Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can build your case for you and help you fight for your financial recovery. Our car accident lawyers help people in Maryland stand up to large institutions like Lyft so that they can recover from their losses. We offer the first consultation for free to go over your legal options.
Determining Liability for Lyft Accidents Will Depend on App Activity by the Driver
According to Md. Insurance Code § 19-517, rideshare companies are considered “transportation network companies” (TNCs) and must provide liability coverage in the event that one of their drivers causes an accident on the road. This holds rideshare companies accountable for negligence and protects contracted drivers from having to pay for accidents they got in while providing services for the app company.
That being said, rideshare companies like Lyft restrict coverage based on app activity use, meaning they will only cover accidents in which drivers can prove they were providing Lyft services at the time the collision occurred. Coverage may or may not be granted during the following scenarios:
- Accidents where the rideshare driver was logged into Lyft: Lyft will not provide insurance coverage for accidents where the driver was not logged into the Lyft app. The rideshare driver would have to use their own auto insurance to cover damages.
- Accidents where the rideshare driver was logged in and waiting for a ride request: If the Lyft driver was logged in and available to take a ride request, Lyft may provide coverage if the driver’s personal auto insurance does not cover the accident.
- Accidents where the rideshare driver was transporting a Lyft customer: If the Lyft driver was logged into the app and actively picking up, transporting, or dropping off a Lyft customer when the collision occurred, Lyft may be held liable for damages.
Whether you were a Lyft customer or a separate driver that collided with a Lyft vehicle, you may be interested in seeing how Lyft’s policy may affect your case. Our legal team can investigate your rideshare accident and determine whether Lyft may be held liable for your damages or if you should seek compensation through an alternative claim.
For legal consultation with a lyft accident attorney in Harford County, call (410)777-8960
Damages You May Qualify to Claim in Your Harford County Lyft Accident
Various losses may warrant compensation, such as:
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
We can determine what fair compensation would look like in your case.
Harford County Lyft Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Legal Team Can Build Your Lyft Accident Claim from Start to Finish
Our team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers has over ten years of experience and is dedicated to taking care of our clients. When you work with a Harford County Lyft accident lawyer from our firm, you will be met with empathy and genuine compassion because we care about your well-being. If you still need medical care for your injuries, we can refer you to a medical provider who will also cooperate with your case.
Some of our other legal services include:
- Private investigation into your rideshare accident to confirm information, which may involve reviewing a copy of the official crash report and communicating with law enforcement and other witnesses to the accident
- Evidence collection, which may involve requesting copies of video footage that captured the accident, consulting experts for their testimony, and gathering financial documents that prove the value of specific damages you claim
- Damage calculations, which may involve going over how the Lyft accident affected you and determining how much compensation fairly covers your injuries
- Legal representation in all communications and appearances, which can range from your attorney handling messages with insurance adjusters and meetings with the defendant’s legal team
- Administrative services, which cover all legal preparations for your case
If there is an opportunity to negotiate a settlement deal for your case, our legal team will reach out to you to explain this process. We also provide you with a unique text number that you can use to reach us 24/7. Our team will be available to offer legal counsel whenever you have questions or concerns about your case.
Maryland Sets a Three-Year Filing Window for Lyft Accident Cases
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 serves as the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Maryland, which includes rideshare accidents. If you would like to file a lawsuit about your Harford County rideshare accident, you must do so within three years of the date of the collision, per this statutory rule. If you do not submit your case within this legal timeframe, a reviewing judge may dismiss your case.
A similar three-year filing window period is set for wrongful death cases, according to Md. Cts. § Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904. It’s crucial that you understand your case’s filing deadline because if your case gets dismissed, you may lose your opportunity to pursue compensation, as a dismissal would absolve Lyft or another defendant of liability. Our team understands the stakes for your case, so we would act as fast as possible to ensure your case remains valid.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers Today to Get a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one was injured in a vehicle accident in Harford County involving a Lyft driver, you may have an opportunity to pursue compensation through a personal injury claim. A Harford County Lyft accident lawyer from Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can advocate for your legal interests as your case representative and help you stand up to the rideshare company.
Our law firm cares about the people in our community, which is why our team works on a contingency fee basis. You won’t have to worry about attorney’s fees because we only collect them if we win your case. Call now to get a free case review and learn more about our legal services today.