After a car accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed or conflicted about what to do next. Should you seek compensation? Is it worth the time and effort of filing a lawsuit? The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you come to a decision that is right for you. We will even provide you with a Middle River car accident lawyer who will fight on your behalf.
WHO YOU CAN SUE
Who owes you compensation after a car accident? You may be able to sue any party whose negligent or reckless behavior caused your crash. For example, you may find that the at-fault party is:
- The other driver: Drivers may succumb to the temptation of breaking driving laws. Speeding alone, per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), killed over 9,000 people nationwide in 2018.
- An auto part manufacturer: It is critical that all parts of your car work properly at all times. If any one part is defective, a collision may be the result.
- The auto maintenance crew: Car owners depend on mechanics to keep their cars in good working order. This includes spotting and alerting you to any problems.
- The road maintenance contractor: Roadways can and do deteriorate over time. It is up to maintenance contractors to keep them in good working order and to clear away equipment and debris when they are done.
Even if you have no idea how your accident happened, you may be able to pursue compensation. A Middle River car accident lawyer can help you do so. Give the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow a call for a free case evaluation with a team member today.
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Middle River, call (410)777-8960
There are several ways to get financial compensation after an accident. You may file a claim with your own insurance company, or you may file a lawsuit against the party or parties who caused your accident. Either way, it is a good idea to speak with a lawyer first. They may be able to help you come to an informed decision about what legal action to take.
If you decide to file a lawsuit, you may qualify for two different kinds of compensation. First, there are non-economic damages, which compensate recipients for the physical, emotional, and/or mental consequences of the accident. More specifically, this may include things like:
- Pain and suffering: You experienced physical distress because of your injuries and/or psychological distress because of your injuries or the accident.
- Loss of consortium: Your marriage has suffered as a result of your injuries.
- Disability: Your injuries are permanent and have resulted in the loss of use of one or more body parts.
- Disfigurement: You have scars from your injuries and must learn to live with the resulting changes in appearance and/or range of motion.
- Loss of companionship: This is only available for people who lost a loved one in the accident. It refers to the fact that you can no longer depend on your loved one for comfort, advice, and affection.
You may also qualify for economic damages if your injuries cost you money. Examples include:
- Loss of income: Your injuries prevented you from going to work and earning a living.
- Medical bills: You received any type of professional medical treatment for your injuries.
- Loss of financial support: Like the loss of companionship, this type of damage only applies to wrongful death suits. It is for anyone who struggles to make ends meet without their loved one’s income.
Middle River Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
WHO TO TURN TO FOR HELP
Per Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings §5–101, if you were injured in a car accident, you have three years to take legal action. In other words, if you want to file a lawsuit against the party or parties who caused your accident, you must do so within three years, or you may lose your right to such compensation.
Adam M. Smallow has over a decade of experience helping people just like you fight for the compensation they deserve. He and the whole team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help advance your case in the following ways:
- Reviewing your case: At no cost or obligation to you, we will evaluate your accident and tell you quickly whether or not you may be entitled to damages.
- Assessing damages: The compensation you ask for must be both fair and recoverable. Your lawyer will make sure your lawsuit meets those criteria.
- Relaying messages: If you want to say anything to the liable party, or vice versa, we can deliver those messages. This way, you never have to speak to the party responsible for your car accident.
- Negotiating for compensation: You may find it easier to let a lawyer meet with the insurance company and argue for a fair settlement. Your lawyer will also be happy to draw up the settlement agreement once negotiations are over.
- Take the case to trial: Most cases do not get as far as a trial. However, if yours does, your lawyer is more than willing to continue the fight in the courtroom.
- Providing advice: Not only will we help you make the best legal decisions for yourself and your family, but we can also find you a doctor if you need one. We only recommend the best—the types of doctors that we ourselves would feel good about seeing.
Our Law Firm Is Passionate About Supporting Car Accident Clients
Every car accident client we represent becomes our team’s priority. Clients we represented in the past say the following about our legal service and support:
- “Mr. Adam Smallow represented me in an accident case where I was hit in the back while sitting at a light. He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case…I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.” — Connie H.
- “I was involved in a car accident…I just couldn’t deal with insurance companies…Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case, everything went smoothly. Not only are all my injury pains gone, but my settlement was more than I have expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.” — Minassie K.
Visit our client reviews page to hear more from our previous clients and why they recommend our personal injury law firm to friends, family, and the online community.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Law Firm Deal With the At-Fault Party and Their Insurance Company
Dealing with the insurance company can feel daunting. The adjuster’s primary concern is the company’s bottom line, not your best interests. When you entrust our legal team with your case, we will handle the insurer for you by:
- Obtaining, completing, and submitting claim forms
- Building and presenting a robust evidence file
- Handling the back-and-forth negotiations
- Protecting you from bad-faith insurance tactics
Some personal injury claims settle out of court when the evidence proves the at-fault party’s negligence. Therefore, we aim to collect proof that the at-fault driver:
- Owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Breached their responsibility to provide it
- Caused your injuries and property damage
- Caused your financial consequences
Our legal team takes on these responsibilities, so you can concentrate on your physical recovery or helping a loved one recover from their injuries.
You Incur No Out-Of-Pocket Expenses With Our Contingency Fee Agreement
The aftermath of a car accident can be an overwhelming experience. Perhaps your injuries prevent you from working while your treatment leads to hefty and mounting medical bills.
To ensure you do not have to wait to seek legal advice, our law firm will handle your case on a contingency fee basis. Thus, we will perform these tasks at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you:
- Cover all court, paperwork, and filing fees
- Consult with and retain expert witnesses
- Thoroughly investigate your car accident
- Consult an accident reconstructionist
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Identify and interview accident witnesses
Instead of a retainer or hourly fee, we accept a percentage of your financial award as payment. However, you will owe us nothing if your case does not result in compensation.
Contact Our Car Accident Review Team Today
To learn more about hiring a lawyer serving Middle River, Maryland, get in touch with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. With a Middle River car accident lawyer on your side, you do not have to worry about completing any legal tasks on your own or even paying fees unless you win compensation. Contact us today if you would like to learn more.