Were you or a loved one in an I-95 truck accident in Maryland? You may be eligible for compensation. Truck drivers use I-95 to deliver goods throughout the Eastern Seaboard. Many travel through Maryland safely, but some do not.
To increase profits, some trucking companies bend the rules and ignore safety protocols. These mistakes often prove costly to travelers on I-95. In their haste to deliver goods, accidents happen and can be deadly. An I-95 truck accident lawyer in Maryland from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can advocate for you.
What Our Maryland I-95 Truck Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
One of our Maryland attorneys can help you and your family bring negligent parties to justice. If a truck driver on I-95 injured you, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and more. The team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow knows personal injury. We can handle your entire case while you recover.
The truck driver’s insurance company may offer a lowball settlement or deny your claim altogether. We’ll handle the insurance company for you; we won’t let them get away with bad faith practices. Our investigators can help you determine the real value of your case and fight for the settlement or court award you deserve.
We can file the paperwork, sift through the legal jargon, and help you obtain a favorable outcome for your case. Attorney Adam M. Smallow has been taking on personal injury cases like yours for over ten years. He’s worked tirelessly to help clients injured by truck drivers on I-95 in Maryland get the settlements they deserve.
For legal consultation with a i-95 truck accident attorney in Maryland, call (410)777-8960
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident on I-95 in Maryland?
If you are involved in an accident on I-95 in Maryland, follow these steps to stay safe and move forward with your case as quickly as possible:
- Get you, your passengers, and (if possible) your vehicle to safety.
- Take pictures of the accident. Get as many angles of the vehicles involved as possible. Take photos of any injuries.
- Note the location of the accident. Reference landmarks, rest stops, and the nearest mile marker on the highway.
- Speak to any witnesses and ask for their contact information. Their statements may be important later.
- If possible, get the contact information (including insurance) of the truck driver.
- Call the police. Having a record of the accident from law enforcement is critically important.
- Plan to visit a hospital as soon as possible. Even if no one seems to be hurt, remember that due to shock and other factors, injuries may not manifest until days after the accident.
These steps will help your case in the event of a lawsuit. Even filing an insurance claim will require as much information about the accident as possible.
Maryland I-95 Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Some Causes of Truck Accidents on I-95 in Maryland
There are many reasons why a truck driver or trucking company may be negligent. Responsibility for the accident may fall to both parties.
A trucker driving on I-95 in Maryland might be at fault by:
- Driving recklessly
- Not maintaining the truck
- Not getting enough sleep
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
One potential challenge with suing the truck driver is money. The driver may not have enough insurance to cover your expenses and compensation. Some truck drivers even travel without any insurance.
Trucking Company Negligence
Since the truck driver is often an employee of the trucking company, you may be able to sue the company. They are ultimately responsible for the actions of their employees. The company can often be sued for any actions its employees take while working for the company. The truck companies themselves also sometimes take actions that can cause accidents. Some of these actions include:
- Overloading the trucks to deliver more goods in one trip. The overloaded trucks are harder to control, making an accident more likely.
- Requiring their drivers to drive more hours than allowed by the law. Sleep-deprived drivers make more mistakes. They also suffer from reduced reaction time.
- Neglecting federal safety requirements. Some truck drivers are traveling with vehicles that have not been properly maintained.
Click to contact our Maryland Truck Accident Attorneys today
Seeking Compensation for Injuries from Truck Accidents on I-95 in Maryland
The potential damages from a truck accident on I-95 are horrific. Vehicle speeds regularly exceed posted speed limits. If you were in a truck accident, you may face serious medical expenses. Additionally, the stress from being out of work along with pain and suffering make such an experience a harrowing ordeal. A settlement for the physical and mental anguish you suffer may be the largest part of any lawsuit.
You may find it necessary to file a lawsuit. The reasoning for a lawsuit against a truck driver and/or the trucking company can be simple. Through no fault of your own, you suffered a debilitating accident leading to an array of damages you deserve compensation for.
Some of the damages you can commonly claim in a truck accident include:
- Medical bills
- Treatment for mental health issues arising from the truck accident
- Physical therapy during your recovery
- Lost wages from missing work and diminished future earnings if you cannot return to your job
- Compensation for permanent injury
- Property damage
- And more if you qualify
Wrongful Death Damages
If a loved one died in a truck accident, you may have the right to seek additional compensation. These additional damages would compensate you for funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of their companionship and guidance, and other losses. We will file your wrongful death claim or lawsuit while you grieve in peace.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Our I-95 Truck Accident Lawyer in Maryland
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can handle your case in an efficient, compassionate, and professional manner.
We can handle all requirements needed for a successful resolution to your case, including:
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding your case
- Collecting evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with the truck driver’s insurance company
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Call Today for Your Free Consultation
For your free initial consultation, contact us today. You may call our office at (410) 777-8960 to discuss the details of your case. There’s no further obligation after this call. You’ll get a straightforward evaluation of your case and our recommendation of how to proceed.
When you work with us, we are always available to you. In addition to phone and email, we provide our clients with a unique text number for 24/7 text communication.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form