Truck accidents along Interstate 95 almost always result in severe injuries, especially when large rigs collide with smaller vehicles. In the worst cases, the consequences can be fatal. In addition, if negligence by the driver, haulage company, or any other party led to the accident, victims could hold them responsible for paying their financial damages.
If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in an I-95 accident involving a negligent truck driver, a Pennsylvania I-95 truck accident lawyer can help. Our first consultation is free, and we provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no financial risk in pursuing your claim.
Why Accidents Involving Large Rigs Are Legally Complex
Truck accidents often become more complicated legally than other motor vehicle accidents. Due to their size and weight, collisions with semi-trucks tend to result in severe injuries that profoundly affect victims’ quality of life and ability to provide for their families. In addition, these injuries often result in a permanent disability that prevents a person from living the life they previously led, making calculating financial damages much harder.
Additionally, drivers might have status as owner-operator (independent contractor) or employee of a trucking company, further complicating questions regarding liability. As a result, you might have multiple parties liable for your injuries, including:
- Trucking company
- Maintenance provider
- Cargo loaders
- Vehicle or part manufacturers
Examples of Negligence in a Truck Accident
Trucking firms heavily defend high-value cases brought against them and have the financial resources to do so. Thus, to pursue your case successfully, you must prove the negligence of those parties responsible for causing the truck accident.
Negligence means these parties did or failed to do something legally required to protect your safety. Negligence in truck accident injury cases commonly stems from:
- Truck companies that do not conduct proper background checks on employees before hiring
- Lack of sufficient driver training
- Failing to maintain trucks properly
- Failing to load and secure cargo safely
- Drivers who do not take legally required rest breaks
- Distracted driving (e.g., texting while driving or using in-cab technologies)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving, such as speeding
- Overloaded trucks
- Defective mechanical truck parts or tires
For legal consultation with a i-95 truck accident attorney in Pennsylvania, call (410)777-8960
Recoverable Compensation in a Truck Accident Injury Claim
Financial damages in a truck accident case will differ from one person to another. Compensation relates to the severity of your injuries, the circumstances of the accident, and the insurance coverage available. While a financial award cannot make up for the injuries you have suffered, it can help cover the costs of:
- Medical bills for your injuries, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Lost income and financial recovery (if your injuries affect your ability to work or prevent you from returning to work)
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Your pain and suffering
- Projected damages (calculated by how the accident will affect you and your family in the future)
If the accident killed a loved one, first, please accept our sincerest condolences. Then, as you grieve their loss, our truck accident attorneys can help surviving family members file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
Pennsylvania I-95 Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Can Help You Prove Your Truck Accident Injury Case
After an accident, trucking companies are often quick to investigate the scene. Thus, it is essential to take photographs yourself if you are able, and it is safe to do so before law enforcement clears the scene. Pay particular attention to the following:
- Your injuries
- Damage to all vehicles involved
- Tire marks on the road
- Location of any CCTV cameras in the area
- Photographs or videos of the accident scene
It is also helpful to record your version of events leading to, during, and after the accident while the memory is still fresh in your mind. Collect the contact details of any witnesses to the accident, as their testimony may be important evidence in proving your case.
Finally, your medical records will be another critical piece of evidence in your claim. Having your injuries diagnosed and treated is obviously essential for your well-being, but it also links the accident and the harm you suffered — a vital element of the legal process.
We Can Investigate When You’re Unable
If your injuries were too severe or you otherwise were unable to collect evidence at the scene, do not worry. Our attorneys also gather evidence from other sources such as CCTV footage, police reports, and information from the trucking company, such as data stored on the truck’s electronic control module (black box) device.
We can also work with accident reconstruction specialists and medical professionals who can provide expert testimony to support your claim. Finally, we’ll ensure your claim meets Pennsylvania’s statutory two-year deadline for personal injury lawsuits.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow?
At MD Accident Law, we understand the difficulties people face after sustaining severe injuries. We know the challenges you and your family currently face, so we always aim to make the legal process as stress-free as possible by handling all aspects of your truck accident claim. Our I-95 truck accident lawyers serving Pennsylvania will provide support every step of the way by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Obtaining and preserving evidence to build your case
- Managing all communication with haulage carriers, insurance companies, and any other involved parties
- Calculating your losses, including projected future damages
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement
- Representing you in court when needed
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out For a Free Case Review Today
Contact our team today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal options following an I-95 truck accident in Pennsylvania. The MD Accident Law team has many years of experience helping people injured by the negligence of others. We want to support you and your family, too.