Being injured in an accident can take a huge toll on your life. Your physical and mental health may be suffering as well as your finances. Personal injuries can vary widely, from a traumatic brain injury to a fractured bone. It can be helpful to seek assistance from a personal injury attorney in any case.
A Maryland personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow knows how traumatic it can be to be injured in an accident. We are readily available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What Is My Maryland Personal Injury Case Worth?
The amount of compensation you can receive for a personal injury claim can vary based on the case’s circumstances. Financial awards for those who have suffered injuries or other losses are referred to as “damages.” In a personal injury case, a plaintiff could seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include the financial contributions the plaintiff paid because of injuries they suffered from the accident. Non-economic losses are less tangible and can sometimes be more challenging to calculate. They are still important to consider because of the impact they have on someone’s life. An attorney from our firm will calculate the monetary amount for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
Damages You Could Recover
After an accident injures you, you could receive compensation for recoverable damages, which include:
- Medical expenses: These include ambulance rides, emergency room treatment, hospital stays, doctor’s appointments, medication and treatment costs, among others. Keep all bills and documentation related to the medical treatment you received for the injury.
- Lost wages: If you missed work without pay while recovering from the injuries you sustained, we can add your lost income to your claim. You can also sue for lost earning capacity if you lost your job or can’t work in the same capacity because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Emotional side effects, such as anxiety or depression, can be included in a personal injury claim. These damages can be harder to prove, but our attorney can help with this task. We must prove that your pain and suffering are directly related to a specific injury the accident caused or worsened.
- Punitive damages: These types of damages are a financial punishment for the defendant to pay for the behavior that led to the plaintiff’s physical harm.
For legal consultation with a Personal Injury attorney in Maryland, call (410)777-8960
How Can I Prove a Personal Injury Case?
Before you can be awarded compensation for your personal injury, you must prove the defendant caused your injury. The evidence in your case must prove the defendant was negligent, which harmed you. Here are the four elements we must prove to establish that negligence occurred:
- Duty of care: This is the defendant’s legal responsibility to use reasonable care to keep others safe.
- Breach of duty: If a defendant fails to exercise reasonable care, this is a breach of duty. An example of a breach is a motorist who texts while driving.
- Causation: It must be proven that the defendant’s negligent actions caused the incident that resulted in injury.
- Damages: You suffered compensatory damages because of the accident.
Maryland Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Maryland
In Maryland, there is limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. The Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 5-101 states you have three years from the date of the accident or incident to file. An attorney at the Law Offices of Adam. M. Smallow can walk you through the timeline of your case and make sure you don’t miss a deadline. Once the deadline passes, you will no longer be able to seek compensation for your injuries.
We Will Advocate for You at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
We understand the impact an accident can have on the lives of the victim and their loved ones. Our attorneys provide legal counsel and compassionate support. If you hire us, we will work tirelessly to reach a fair settlement for you. If we must fight for your recovery at trial, we would be honored to represent you in court. We know that recovering compensation is the first step to moving forward. Our legal team wants to make this process as smooth as possible for you while you focus on your recovery.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Various situations can result in someone suffering a personal injury. Common accident cases our Maryland personal injury lawyers handle are:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
What Makes Us Different
- We are always responsive and communicative.
- In addition to phone and email, our law firm provides clients with a unique text number for 24/7 text communications.
- We protect the rights and interests of the injured and their families.
- We suggest highly qualified medical providers. The law firm’s staff and their families would go to the medical providers we recommend.
- Our firm orders the police report so that we can conduct our investigation. We do not require the client to order anything.
Our past client reviews prove that we go above and beyond what other law firms can do for you. We genuinely care about our clients and want their cases to result in the best possible outcomes. We would like to do the same for you and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Maryland Personal Injury
An accident can happen in an instant, changing your life and presenting you with a new set of challenges. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, our team has more than 10 years of experience dealing with personal injury claims.
Our law firm will fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve. Call (410) 777-8960 today for a free consultation. We will discuss your case and answer any of your questions.