I-95 runs right through the White Marsh area and is one of the busiest roadways in Greater Baltimore. Many local motorists use I-95 just to get around town, but truck drivers frequently use it to transport goods and materials between Baltimore and other cities, like Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Richmond, and beyond. With such a mix of cars, motorcycles, buses, and trucks, I-95 regularly sees serious and often fatal truck accidents.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident on I-95 near White Marsh, you can hold liable parties accountable for your losses. A White Marsh I-95 truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you manage your claim and recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Work With the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow?
Our team of accident lawyers has experience handling complex personal injury cases in Maryland, including truck accidents. We have the resources and expertise to take charge of your I-95 truck accident case while you focus on recovering from your accident.
Here are just some of the tasks we handle in these cases:
- Collecting evidence of your truck accident to build your claim
- Reviewing evidence to establish negligence
- Figuring out which parties are liable for your accident
- Communicating with your insurance company and the other parties’ providers
- Determining the true cost of your damages
- Filing thorough insurance claims
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit if negotiations fail
- Representing you in all hearings
- Answering your questions promptly
- Advising you at every step of the process
We believe that everyone should be able to afford a personal injury lawyer after being in an accident that wasn’t their fault. That’s why we offer affordable legal fees on a contingency agreement so you don’t owe us anything until we recover compensation on your behalf. We also offer free case reviews so you can learn the value of your I-95 truck accident claim, risk free.
For legal consultation with a i-95 truck accident attorney in White Marsh, call (410)777-8960
Types of Damages You Can Claim in an I-95 Truck Accident Case
If you or a loved one were in a truck accident on I-95 near White Marsh, you can claim a number of economic and noneconomic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses for emergency treatment, surgery, medications, rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages, including tips, commission, bonuses, and benefits
- Property damage costs, like for repairing a vehicle or replacing personal property
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain and emotional trauma
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
Your accident attorney can collect medical records, income statements, and other documents to calculate your economic damages. We can also work with experts to understand how the accident will continue to affect you physically, emotionally, and financially throughout the rest of your life.
Wrongful Death Compensation for an I-95 Truck Accident
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports nearly 5,000 fatal accidents involving large trucks around the U.S. every year. The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) reports the total number of fatal crashes in the state is around 500 per year, dozens of which involve large trucks.
If your loved one passed away in a truck accident on I-95 near White Marsh, you may qualify to recover compensation on their behalf. We can help you file a claim or lawsuit to get wrongful death benefits for funeral expenses, lost income, and your family’s suffering.
White Marsh I-95 Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled to?
Settlements for truck accidents can vary depending on many factors, including the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical expenses, and the amount of income you’ve lost from the accident.
Truck accidents tend to cause serious injuries that require costly medical treatment for many years. They can also cause a lot of damage to your vehicle. So, you may be entitled to a considerable settlement for your truck accident.
No two truck accidents are the same, even on I-95. A local truck accident attorney from MD Accident Law can review your claim to determine the true value of your losses.
Causes of Truck Accidents on I-95 Near White Marsh
Trucks on the I-95 near White Marsh are often involved in rollover and underride accidents, though rear-end collisions and side-swipe accidents are common, too. Many factors that contribute to a truck accident, include the common causes of all auto accidents:
- Distracted driving, like texting or calling while behind the wheel
- Fatigued driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Improper driving maneuvers
- Mechanical failures in the vehicle
- Heavy traffic during busy rush hour
- Poor visibility at night
- Poor road conditions, like potholes
- Hazardous weather conditions, like ice, snow, or rain
A truck driver or another motorist may experience issues with the weather that affect their driving, use their phone while operating the vehicle, or speed down I-95, which has a 65 mph speed limit. But there are other causes that are unique to tractor-trailers and commercial trucks, such as:
- Lack of training, which can increase the likelihood of any type of truck accident
- Driving over allotted hours, which can increase the likelihood of fatigued driving
- Blind spots, which make it harder for truck drivers to see other motorists and obstacles on the road
- Improper turns, which can lead to a rollover or collision
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Liable for My White Marsh I-95 Truck Accident?
One of the most important jobs of your truck accident attorney is to determine who is liable for your truck accident. Some parties we may hold accountable in your case include the truck driver, the driver’s employer, the cargo or trailer company, another motorist, or even a municipality that failed to maintain the roads, if poor road conditions were a contributing factor.
Maryland’s Statute of Limitations on Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are a type of personal injury incident. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 gives victims three years from the date of a truck accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against any liable parties. If your loved one lost their life in a truck accident, the statute of limitations on wrongful death per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 is also three years.
You can work with a truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to understand how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
Start Your Truck Accident Claim Today
Three years may seem like a long time, but the more time you wait, the less time we have to explore all your options. Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today for your free case review.