The loss of a loved one is a devastating event that can have a tremendous impact on your family. When that loss is caused by the actions of a negligent party, your family could be entitled to file a wrongful death case. You do not have to pursue compensation on your own.
When our Glen Burnie fatal car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is on your side, we handle the difficult details of your case. We understand the impact of a fatal accident on your family and work hard to provide the ongoing support you need at this trying time. Let us deal with the at-fault driver and their insurance company while you take care of your family.
Our Glen Burnie Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Will Investigate Your Family’s Case
Investigating a fatality can be a sensitive issue for your family. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we do this for you so you can concentrate on your family’s emotional well-being. Without taxing your family, our Glen Burnie car accident lawyer will collect:
- The official car accident report
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Your loved one’s death certificate
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Supporting photos and video footage
We obtain this evidence as part of our comprehensive investigation. In fact, we handle all evidence collection for you without asking you to order any records or reports. Your family’s case is important to every member of our law firm. We work hard to ensure your case gets the attention to detail it needs and deserves.
Leave the Insurance Company to Our Fatal Car Accident Attorney
When our Glen Burnie lawyer handles your case, we do not ask your family to deal with the at-fault driver or their insurance company. We handle all the details on your behalf including:
- Submitting insurance claim forms
- All case-related communication
- Collecting compelling evidence
- Determining the value of your case
- Creating a settlement demand letter
- Fielding monetary settlement offers
Our team is available whenever you need us via phone, email, or text messaging. Our wrongful death attorney will negotiate with the insurance company for you and fight hard for a fair outcome for your family.
Client Reviews for Our Team Serving Glen Burnie
When previous clients recommend our law firm, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Joe Bakhtar: “The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations…Adam has been personally involved and took care of everything that I requested, on the very same day…Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with.”
- Sean M.: “Mr. Smallow represented me in a case, and he kept in touch before and during the case and kept me abreast and he delivered everything he promised. Case came out great for me. I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.”
Every family we represent is a priority for our team, so we never stop fighting for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Glen Burnie, call (410)777-8960
Compensation Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Could Recover for Your Family
Our law firm knows that no amount of compensation can atone for the loss of a beloved family member. We also know that a sudden loss can leave your family with both emotional and financial devastation.
To help you cope with the financial aftermath of your loved one’s passing, we fight to recover the following forms of compensation:
- Loss of your loved one’s financial contributions
- Loss of their domestic and household contributions
- Mental and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, companionship, and comfort
- Loss of marital or parental guidance and support
Our wrongful death lawyer will ensure your compensation request is accurate prior to drafting your demand letter. While we focus on your case, you can focus on helping your family through this difficult time.
Know Which Family Members Can Recover Wrongful Death Damages in Maryland
The sudden loss of a loved one affects every member of your family. We understand that and work hard to support you. Our team can explain which family members can recover compensation from a wrongful death action.
In general, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, compensation can be awarded to the following family members:
- The decedent’s parents
- The decedent’s spouse
- The decedent’s child(ren)
Under certain circumstances, other relatives who were substantially dependent upon the decedent might be able to pursue compensation. The best way to understand your possible right to compensation is to let our fatal car accident lawyer explore it for you.
What You Need to Know About Maryland’s Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, there is generally a three-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. If the settlement process is prolonged or an acceptable offer is not forthcoming, our law firm will file your family’s lawsuit.
While most wrongful death cases are resolved without going to court, we file your case to ensure the statute of limitations does not expire. If it does:
- Your family could lose its ability to file the case at all
- Your case will be dismissed without its merits ever being heard
- The at-fault party cannot be held legally accountable for your loss
While a mandatory part of your case, the filing deadline can also be complicated since it can fluctuate based on many factors. One way to ensure your family does not run out of time to seek compensation is to let our law firm interpret and comply with the state’s filing deadline.
Glen Burnie Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Call Our Glen Burnie Fatal Accident Team for Your Free Initial Consultation
If your family lost a loved one in a fatal car accident in Glen Burnie, our fatal car accident lawyer will help you pursue monetary recovery. We will investigate your loved one’s passing and ensure your family seeks the financial compensation you are entitled to.
Get started today by contacting our service-oriented consultation team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form