If you or someone you love were the victim of medical malpractice, your family has suffered enough. Let our lawyer serving Dundalk seek compensation on your behalf so you do not have to worry about paying for medical care or making ends meet without your normal salary.
A Dundalk personal injury lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can do all of the hard work so that all you have to do is recuperate. To get you started, we will even review your case for free at no obligation to you.
Why You Deserve Medical Malpractice Compensation
You do not need us to remind you of all the ways that the malpractice has affected your life. You may have:
- Had to take time away from work, costing your family the income and benefits they depend on to live comfortably
- Lost your job altogether, placing your family’s future in even greater jeopardy
- Had to seek additional medical treatment, which costs money you do not have
- Experienced significant physical and emotional pain that diminishes your health and sense of wellbeing
- Lost the ability to perform certain roles or engage in certain activities, impacting your family life and your ability to spend quality time with loved ones
- Sustained a disabling injury that will permanently affect whether or not you can work, speak, control your body, or exercise logical reasoning
This suffering could have been avoided if the negligent provider had followed the required standard of care.
Medical Malpractice Can Result from a Variety of Errors
Medical malpractice can take many forms, including:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Failure to run proper tests based on the patient’s symptoms
- Medication errors (e.g., telling the patient to take the medicine twice a day instead of once)
- Failing to inform the patient about the risks involved with a particular treatment
- Surgical errors, including operating on the wrong side of the body
Our Dundalk medical malpractice attorneys can determine the financial value of all of your damages, from expenses like medical bills to intangible losses like the inability to take your children to the park. Then, we can ask the at-fault party’s insurer to offer you that amount. Your case may also involve multiple healthcare providers. If so, we can hold each one accountable for your medical error.
The fact is that the malpractice has already robbed your family of far too much. By filing a legal action, you can hold the liable party accountable and make them pay a fair price for the harm they have committed through their own negligence.
For legal consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in Dundalk, call (410)777-8960
We Provide Legal Representation in Dundalk
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109, you generally have five years from the date of the malpractice or five years from the date you discovered the malpractice to begin a legal action. If you meet this deadline, your family could be eligible for compensation.
You do not have to worry about meeting this deadline by yourself. If you hire our law firm in time, we can do everything possible to file your case and keep it moving smoothly, including:
- Providing you with a free case evaluation that enables you to learn more about your rights
- Building up your casefile with materials from you, your doctors (including the one who committed the malpractice), your employer, and your loved ones
- Meeting with the liable party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement that covers all of your losses and needs
- Going to court to seek a jury award instead of a settlement
- Keeping you informed of your case’s progress and helping you make legal decisions as necessary
- Managing all of the forms, legal briefs, and demand letters your case requires
- Giving you a phone number that you can use to reach us at any time, just in case you have questions or concerns that arise between appointments or updates
Our services go beyond the legal sphere as well. We have a network of medical professionals to whom we can refer you if you are in need of treatment. Nothing is more important than your health, so please do not hesitate to come to us if you need help getting the care you deserve.
Dundalk Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
Can Medical Malpractice Be Fatal?
If the provider’s error is serious enough, then yes, it is entirely possible that the victim does not survive the incident. What your family can do after such a loss depends on your situation:
- Did your loved one have the time to complete a legal action on their own behalf? You could still file a wrongful death case for damages like funeral expenses and loss of companionship.
- Did your loved one begin a legal action and pass away before they could finish it? You could take over their case and fight for the compensation they deserved, as well as your own wrongful death damages.
- Did your loved one not get the chance to take any legal action before they passed away? You can start a wrongful death case from scratch and pursue the money that both you and they deserve.
On behalf of everyone at Adam M. Smallow, we are sorry for your loss. Our wrongful death attorney in Dundalk can review your situation and figure out how to get your family the compensation you deserve.
More important than any financial award you receive, being able to hold the negligent provider accountable can go a long way to helping you achieve closure after a loved one’s preventable death (or even after your own injury). We can stand with you in your case against a:
- Physician’s assistant
- Healthcare facility
It is our mission to help injured individuals, not large organizations like hospitals or other healthcare institutions. If you want help holding such institutions responsible, we can be there for you.
Have Questions for Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Adam M. Smallow is always eager to hear from potential clients. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free case review, which we can complete over the phone. Our Dundalk medical malpractice lawyer wants nothing more than to see justice done for you and your family.