If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Dundalk, Maryland, you could be eligible to pursue compensation through a personal injury claim. Our law firm helps people fight for the financial recovery they need. We can have a personal injury lawyer from our team serve you in Dundalk or a nearby community.
Want more information? The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow also offers free first consultations, so you can ask any questions you may have about your case. You can also read further to learn more about our legal services.
You Could Recover Compensation for Your Injuries and Related Damages
If you were a victim of another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against them. Doing so allows you to pursue compensation for any damages you incurred.
While you may have suffered severe bodily injuries, filing a claim allows you to fight for financial compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover the costs for surgeries, doctor’s appointments, emergency room treatment, physical therapy, prescription medicines, and other forms of medical care.
- Property damage: If your property was damaged during the accident that injured you, you may be able to recover the costs for repair or receive the cash value of its replacement.
- Income loss: If you have to take unpaid time off to seek treatment or heal from your injuries, you may be able to recover the income you lost during this period. If your injuries are long-term or permanent, we may also fight for compensation for the income you expect to lose in the future.
- Pain and suffering: Certain damages do not have a financial value, such as physical and emotional pain. We can assign a monetary value to this damage based on your economic damages.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement: If your injuries caused significant changes in your bodily functions or appearance, we will fight for compensation that reflects how your damages affected your life. This type of damage also includes scarring, burns, amputation, and vision or hearing loss.
These are not all the damages you may recover. As we review your case and discuss the effects of the accident with you in future consultations, we may suggest other damages to pursue.
For legal consultation with a personal injury attorney in Dundalk, call (410)777-8960
Our Personal Injury Team Can Manage Your Case for You While You Recover
One of the benefits of working with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is that you do not have to manage your own case if you are not in the physical or mental condition to do so—or if you don’t feel comfortable handling legal duties. We can do the work for you and update you as your case progresses.
A personal injury lawyer from our team will represent you in your case in Dundalk. We will also handle other services, such as:
- Identifying who may be liable for your injuries and damages (potentially owing you compensation)
- Discovering evidence through a private investigation
- Preparing and submitting paperwork necessary for your case
- Providing legal advice and guidance when you call or text (24/7 text communication available)
- Referring you to a medical provider that we trust, if you need one
- Negotiating a potential settlement to avoid going to court
- Representing you in court, if necessary
You can learn more about our legal services in a free consultation.
Dundalk Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
There is a Legal Deadline Attached to Your Personal Injury Lawsuit
Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §5-101, you generally have three years to file a civil action lawsuit about an injury you suffered. The deadline is set three years from the accident or cause of injury.
Should you fail to meet this deadline, your case could get dismissed, depriving you of the ability to pursue compensation from the liable party. Our team can keep track of your case’s filing deadline so that it gets filed on time.
What if an injury leads to death?
This changes the statutory deadline for your case. Should your loved one’s bodily injuries lead to their untimely death, then you generally have three years from the date of their death to file your case, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §3-904.
Our team also handles wrongful death cases. We can assist you with these unfortunate circumstances and be mindful of you and your grieving family.
Our Law Offices Handle Various Types of Injury Cases
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we handle personal injury cases throughout Maryland, including:
- Car accident cases represented by a car accident lawyer in Dundalk.
- Truck accident cases
- Motorcycle cases
- Boating accident cases
- Premises liability cases, including cases involving slips and falls
- Medical malpractice cases
- Wrongful death cases
We have been serving people like you and helping them fight for the justice they deserve. Our team also understands which laws might affect your case—most notably, Maryland’s contributory negligence law.
Our Dundalk Personal Injury Lawyers Know How to Argue Against Contributory Negligence
Maryland is one of four states in the United States that upholds a contributory negligence law, according to the American Bar Association (ABA). If you are found even one percent at fault for your accident, you will not be able to collect compensation.
This can be a lot of pressure on an individual who might not be familiar with all of the state’s personal injury laws. However, when you work with our team, we can do the research for you. We will build a solid case to defend you from the opposing side’s counterarguments.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow for a Free Consultation
Get some legal assistance with your case by calling the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow at (410) 777-8960 . We can have a personal injury lawyer from our team serving Dundalk start working on your case right away.
Our legal team charges no upfront attorney’s fees, and we offer free initial consultations to new clients. Call today to get started on your case.