As a medical patient, you are entitled to healthcare services that meet an acceptable standard of care. If you or someone you love experienced a medical setback or injury due to inadequate or negligent medical care, you could be entitled to compensation. A White Marsh medical malpractice lawyer from our team at MD Accident Law can investigate your current condition and identify its cause.
Your White Marsh personal injury lawyer will explain Maryland’s medical malpractice laws and how they affect your right to recover damages. We also identify the negligent party or parties, define their legal responsibility to compensate you, and pursue their insurance provider for financial recovery. Our goal is to recover compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Financial Compensation for Medical Malpractice Victims in White Marsh
It can be easy to underestimate your recoverable damages after a healthcare mishap. Your White Marsh medical errors attorney will carefully assess the value of your case to prevent the insurance company from undervaluing or underpaying it.
Your recoverable damages may include the following:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated lost wages
- Loss of future earning ability
- Lasting disabilities and disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Medical care that causes harm or injury can be difficult to cope with and lead to emotional trauma. Our White Marsh medical malpractice attorneys can also demand compensation for any lost enjoyment of life you experience.
Wrongful Death Damages for Surviving Families
The stress of an unexpected death can be difficult to cope with. We know nothing can fully make up for your family’s loss. We also know the financial hardship a sudden loss can create.
If you lost a loved one due to medical malpractice, the wrongful death damages our White Marsh lawyers can demand for your family include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of the decedent’s household support
- Loss of consortium and society
- Loss of companionship and guidance
Our White Marsh personal injury attorneys will represent your family with compassion and kindness. We will explain which family members can file a wrongful death action and seek monetary damages.
You Must File Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Within the Allotted Time
Like all civil lawsuits, yours has a statute of limitations that you must meet. In general, you have five years to file your medical malpractice lawsuit, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109.
If a medical error resulted in a loved one’s death, your family generally has three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904.
Even knowing this, it can be difficult to file your lawsuit on time, since the deadline can fluctuate based on the date you discovered the injury and the injured party’s age. Our personal injury law firm will help you understand and comply with the filing deadline in your unique case.
For legal consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in White Marsh, call (410)777-8960
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice in White Marsh, MD?
Every healthcare setback or unfavorable outcome does not constitute medical malpractice. Without a lawyer, knowing whether you have a case can be difficult. To file a successful medical malpractice claim, your current condition must generally be the result of one or more of the following:
- Medical negligence
- Subpar medical care
- An understaffed facility
- Inadequate processes
- Insufficient training
- Medical errors that another reasonable provider would not have made
Your medical malpractice lawyer serving White Marsh will review your case and explain your possible right to compensation.
MD Accident Law’s Medical Malpractice Areas
You may be able to recover compensation from the following medical and healthcare providers or facilities:
- Physicians’ assistants
- Medical specialists
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities
- Medical labs
- Medical equipment manufacturers
- Rehab and therapy centers
Medical mistakes that could qualify for compensation include:
- Missed diagnosis
- Overlooked symptoms
- Lack of medical history
- Failure to address allergies
- Surgical errors
- Faulty medical equipment
- Misread lab results
- Prescription medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
To document the medical harm you suffered and its cause, we will obtain your medical records from before and after you discovered the error. We can also collect rehab and therapy records and document your prognosis.
White Marsh Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
The Advantages of Working With a White Marsh Medical Negligence Lawyer From MD Accident Law
When you turn to our client-focused team for guidance and support with your medical malpractice case, we will do all the hard work for you. Our goal is to build the strongest possible case for you while you concentrate on your recovery. We will:
- Recommend the same healthcare providers our staff and families use
- Provide ongoing updates and contact via phone, email, and 24/7 text
- Consult medical experts who meet the state’s qualification guidelines
- Determine the monetary value of your injuries and related expenses
- Handle all case-related verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Negotiate for a favorable monetary settlement or represent you at trial, if necessary
Our medical malpractice attorneys can also file your insurance claim, including paperwork and attachments. We will even handle evidence collection, rather than taxing you or your family with this time-consuming process.
Testimonials and Client Reviews in Their Own Words
When previous personal injury clients leave reviews on our testimonials page, they say things like the following about our 360-degree service and support:
- Minassie K.: “I just couldn’t deal with insurance companies … Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case, everything went smoothly. Not only are all my injured pains gone, but my settlement was more than I have expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.”
- Jay: “It is critical that the lawyer is responsive and prompt. Adam is very responsive. He also achieves excellent results. I recommend him wholeheartedly.”
Our legal team works hard to prioritize every client and treat you like a person, not a case file. We even assign each client a unique text number for 24/7 availability.
Contact MD Accident Law for Your Free Medical Malpractice Case Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured due to a medical mishap, a White Marsh medical malpractice lawyer from our legal team can help you build a case for financial recovery. We will document your injuries, consult medical experts, and fight for the best possible outcome.
Contact us online or call (410) 777-8960 today to learn more about your rights to compensation during a free consultation.