You didn’t expect to suffer harm the morning of your accident. Now that you’re seriously injured, you may miss time from work, lose time with your loved ones, and face financial uncertainty. With the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, you have legal options.
Our firm will do everything possible to recover compensation for your losses, whether you personally suffered harm or lost a loved one. We offer free case reviews where you can explore partnering with a White Marsh personal injury lawyer.
Our Team Manages These Practice Areas in White Marsh
Our firm focuses on these practice areas in Maryland:
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability incidents
These cases share one commonality: negligence. If another party’s careless or reckless actions harmed you, our team can seek compensation for your losses.
For legal consultation with a personal injury attorney in White Marsh, call (410)777-8960
You Have a Limited Time To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Maryland
Lawsuits are time-sensitive matters. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Maryland is three years, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. The same three-year deadline applies if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 3-904.
Not every personal injury case will involve a lawsuit, however. You may want to file a lawsuit if insurance negotiations stall or the liable insurer continues to offer unfair settlements.
If you wait too long to file your lawsuit, you’ll lose the chance to have your case heard in court. We recommend getting started on your injury case as soon as possible.
White Marsh Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
What Are Personal Injury Cases Worth?
Compensation in your case could comprise:
- Medical costs: Injuries are at the heart of every personal injury case, as are their expenses. You can recover medical expenses associated with your injuries, including the cost of medications, doctors’ visits, and other costs.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering relates to your physical pain and emotional suffering your injuries caused. We will determine what you’re owed based on your situation.
- Lost income. A serious injury can affect your working ability. Compensation in your case could account for your lost bonuses, benefits, tips, and wages.
- Wrongful death-related compensation: Losing a loved one causes more than grief; it can also affect your financial well-being. To account for your hardships, compensation could cover their funeral, end-of-life care costs, and other losses.
These are just some of the damages you can recover through legal action. With our team’s help, you could recover losses additional to those not listed here.
One or More of These Parties Could Pay for Your Expenses
Our investigation may determine that one or more of the following parties owe you compensation:
- A negligent driver
- A negligent or poorly trained doctor
- A trucking company or truck driver
- A boat captain
- A property or business owner
- A government agency
If multiple parties owe you compensation, we’ll aim to hold each of them accountable. You can trust us to negotiate a settlement, support your case with evidence, and uphold your legal rights.
Our Team Is Ready To Support Your Right to Compensation
There are usually two ways to pursue compensation: by filing an insurance claim or by filing a lawsuit. Insurance claims involve negotiating with the liable party’s insurers. Our personal injury lawyer will support your claim by:
- Protecting you against bad faith insurance practices
- Presenting evidence to the liable insurer
- Proving negligence
- Sending your demand letter
- Negotiating for what you need
If an insurance claim doesn’t work out, you can file a lawsuit. Your lawyer will file your lawsuit within the statutory deadline, apply the law to your case, and advocate for you.
We Will Determine Fault for Your Accident
Maryland is a contributory negligence state. Contributory negligence bars plaintiffs from receiving compensation if they contributed at all to their accidents. This means personal injury cases in White Marsh necessitate a high burden of proof.
Supporting evidence in your case could comprise:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Images or footage of the accident
- Interviews with witnesses
- Expert testimony
We Will Prove the Other Party Acted Negligently
Proving negligence is a four-step process. It involves showing:
- The other party owed you a duty of care: This means they had an obligation to keep you safe.
- The liable party breached this duty of care: At some point prior to your injuries, the other party breached their duty of care by behaving negligently.
- This breach caused your injuries: There must be a clear link between your injuries and the liable party’s actions. Due to contributory negligence laws, it must also be evident that you had no hand in your accident.
- You have losses stemming from the accident. As a result of getting hurt, you have various losses, including medical bills and lost income.
By proving all these elements, you can present a compelling case to the liable party and pursue what you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Manage Your Legal Obligations After Your Accident in White Marsh
When you entrust your case to the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, you can:
- Relax knowing that a lawyer is handling the details of your case
- Receive prompt answers to all your questions (we provide a 24/7 helpline to our clients)
- Gain access to our network of medical providers
- Spend more time healing and taking care of your family
There is no need to manage a legal case on your own. With our team’s help, you can focus on your personal well-being while we focus on your legal matters.
Our Clients Share Their Satisfaction with Our Team
Our clients appreciate our legal services. Their positive reviews speak volumes:
- “I would like to thank Adam, Julia and the rest of the team from the Law Offices of Adam M Smallow for the hard work and dedication with my auto accident! I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a lawyer and team that works very hard for you and is very understanding!” ––Vernon F.
- “When my auto accident happened in the summer of 2020 I had only just moved to Maryland a few month before… I happened upon Mr. Smallow’s office and liked that they weren’t a big corporate office, they have been by far the best attorneys I’ve worked with, they keep in touch every step of the way and really ease any anxieties you might have.” ––Amanda T.
Hire Our White Marsh Personal Injury Lawyer
Attorney Adam M. Smallow cares about the residents of White Marsh. He and his legal team want to assist with your case. We represent both injured people and wrongful death claimants.
Call our offices for a free case evaluation.