If you’re a resident of White Marsh, you’re likely familiar with Interstate 95. This freeway offers a speedy route into Baltimore or Philadelphia. However, accidents on this freeway can be devastating. Freeway crashes often leave victims with severe injuries.
Were you recently in a car accident on I-95? If so, you deserve legal representation. Our I-95 car accident lawyer in White Marsh, MD, can analyze the specifics of your case. In addition, if you weren’t responsible for your crash, you might have grounds for an insurance settlement or lawsuit to compensate for your losses.
A Settlement Could Compensate You for Your Car Accident
According to The National Safety Council, an Illinois-based nonprofit, the average economic cost of car accident injuries is $29,200. However, crashes with debilitating injuries have an average cost of $101,000.
These averages probably come as no surprise for those who’ve recently been in a car accident. Car accidents generate a lot of expenses, but these expenses don’t need to hold you down. You can receive an insurance settlement after a car accident that covers these damages:
- Car repair bills
- Medical expenses, both present and future
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity
Maryland law does not limit the financial losses (called economic damages) that you could recover. However, noneconomic damages (e.g., emotional losses) have a limit of $860,000 per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 11-108.
How Much Will I Receive in Damages?
Personal injuries form the heart of car accident cases. The type and severity of the injuries you suffer will play a role in the damages you receive. Unfortunately, it isn’t easy to estimate your case’s value without a legal analysis. No two cases are the same, so there’s technically no “average” car accident settlement.
Luckily, our I-95 car accident lawyer serving White Marsh can work with you to determine a fair value for your damages. Once we value your claim, you can pursue your case with confidence and clarity.
For legal consultation with a i-95 car accident attorney in White Marsh, call (410)777-8960
Am I Required to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Maryland law permits some plaintiffs to handle legal cases without the assistance of a lawyer. However, we advise against flying solo. Pursuing an insurance settlement or lawsuit is complicated and can become incredibly time-consuming.
If you hire our team, you can:
- Rest easy knowing you have a legal professional pursuing compensation on your behalf
- Leave your financial concerns at the door; we don’t get paid unless you win your case
- Have all your questions answered with our 24/7 helpline
- Spend more time healing after your car accident
However, you don’t just hire a lawyer for peace of mind. These are some ways our White Marsh car accident lawyer will fight for your compensation.
Every car accident claim starts with evidence. Therefore, your lawyer will review the facts of your case before assigning liability. This evidence could include:
- Police or accident reports
- Accident scene photos
- Witness interviews
- Statements from experts like crash reconstruction specialists
- Medical records
- Doctors’ reports
Our lawyer will gather this evidence on your behalf. In addition, you won’t need to contact the police department to collect the crash report. We have you covered.
Negotiating With Insurers
Lawsuits are very uncommon despite their prevalence in popular media. According to Forbes Advisor, they occur in roughly 1-2% of car accident cases.
Instead, insurance settlements are the primary method of securing compensation following a car accident. Your car accident lawyer can manage these negotiations by:
- Communicating with involved insurers
- Declining unfair settlement offers
- Identifying bad-faith insurance practices
- Filing a lawsuit if negotiations fail through
Our lawyer can also prepare you for communicating with an insurer to ensure you don’t make a statement that harms your case.
Maryland follows a contributory negligence model for determining liability. This form of negligence is controversial because it can bar a plaintiff from receiving a settlement if they were even 1% responsible for their accident.
This negligence system leaves lawyers and their clients with a thin margin of error. If the defense proves that you had any fault for the accident, you could be out of luck.
However, we’ll work to overcome the defense’s arguments and assign liability where it belongs—on the at-fault driver. To do so, our car accident lawyer will prove that:
- The liable party was responsible for your safety
- They behaved negligently by failing to uphold this responsibility
- This failure caused your injuries
- Your medical records substantiate your accident-related injuries
White Marsh I-95 Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Clients Rave About Our Car Accident Lawyer
- “I would like to thank Adam, Julia, and the rest of the team from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow for the hard work and dedication with my auto accident! I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants a lawyer and team that works very hard for you and is very understanding!” – Vernon F.
- “Adam has been personally involved and took care of everything that I requested, on the very same day. I’ve had experiences with other personal attorneys in the past, and Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with.” – Joe B.
Car Accident Lawsuits Have a Deadline
Maryland’s personal injury statute of limitations affects car accident lawsuits. Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, the deadline for personal injury lawsuits is three years. If you miss this deadline, you won’t be able to pursue a lawsuit.
Don’t let your case get away from you. Lawsuits are a powerful tool in forcing insurance companies to make their best offer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Causes Car Accidents?
Drivers can behave negligently in several ways that cause a car accident, including:
- Drunk driving
- Ignoring local traffic laws
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
Ready to Get Started? Call Our Car Accident Lawyer Today
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow offers free case evaluations to our clients. We’ll review your case during this initial meeting and determine the best way to go forward.
We care about and want to support the residents of White Marsh, Maryland, in their fight for the compensation they need following a car accident to maintain their financial situation. So, call our offices today or fill out our online contact form to get started.