Car accidents can cause more trouble than property damage. They can also lead to severe injuries that disrupt the victims’ lives. In worst-case situations, car accidents can be fatal, leaving surviving family members to grieve and deal with the financial aftermath.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow understands that sometimes a car accident is more than just an inconvenience. If you were personally affected by a car accident caused by someone else, a Laurel car accident lawyer from our firm might be able to help you pursue compensation for your damages.
Take a moment to call us at (410) 777-8960 for a free consultation. You can talk with one of our team members, who can listen to your side of the story and gauge whether we may be able to represent you. In addition, we can suggest trusted, highly qualified medical providers that even we would see if we were injured.
A Variety of Scenarios Can Qualify as Car Accident Cases
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow handles a variety of car accident cases, such as:
The most common example of car accident cases involves at least two passenger vehicles. You might be entitled to receive compensation if you were injured in a:
- Head-on collision
- Side-impact collision
- Rollover accident
- Rear-end accident
You do not have to be a driver to file for compensation. Both the driver and the passengers may be able to pursue compensation as long as they were not at fault for the accident.
Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Large trucks and other commercial vehicles that get into accidents with passenger vehicles can cause severe injury and death due to their weight and size. Car accident cases involving these kinds of vehicles also might involve multiple liable parties, which might lead to multiple claims and/or lawsuits, depending on the situation.
If you were in an accident involving a truck or a commercial vehicle driver who was working at the time, you might be able to pursue compensation from:
- The truck or commercial vehicle driver
- The trucking company or business the driver works for
- A vehicle parts manufacturer, if a defective part led to the accident
- The maintenance worker who last worked on the at-fault vehicle
- The vehicle manufacturer, if there was an issue with the make of the truck or commercial vehicle
If you got into an accident with a motorcyclist, you might be able to pursue compensation from the motorcyclist if they:
- Did not look for oncoming traffic before turning
- Were weaving between cars that were stopped in traffic and accidentally hit your vehicle
- Were intoxicated and/or driving recklessly on the road
- Were performing “road tricks,” such as wheelies, before hitting your vehicle
If you were the motorcyclist and were injured in a car accident, you may be able to fight for compensation if you can prove that the other driver’s negligence caused your crash.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
Pedestrians and bicyclists have a legal right to share the road with vehicles. You might be entitled to receive compensation if you were hit by a vehicle while acting lawfully as a pedestrian or bicyclist on the road.
To discuss your accident and your legal options in a free case review with a member of our team, call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today at (410) 777-8960.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Laurel, call (410)886-6215
Our Law Firm Offers Multiple Services to Help Our Clients
A Laurel car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can start working on your case as soon as you hire us.
To help you build your cases, we may offer the following legal services:
- Filing paperwork: we can fill out the legal paperwork to file your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Gathering evidence: our team may be able to launch an investigation and retrieve evidence for your case, such as surveillance footage, the crash report, and company driving logs.
- Representing you in negotiations or trial: we aim to serve as your legal advocate during negotiation talks and remain firm in having your compensation demands heard. However, if we cannot reach a settlement agreement, we may suggest that you take your case to trial, where we can present your case to a judge and jury.
Laurel Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
Important Laws in Maryland Car Accident Cases
There are a few important laws that car accident victims in Maryland should know about when considering a compensation claim.
One such law is Maryland’s contributory negligence law. This law means that being found just 1% negligent in your accident could bar you from recovering any compensation for your damages.
Another law is Maryland’s statute of limitations. According to Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings §5-101, you generally must file a personal injury lawsuit within three years of the accident. If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you also generally have three years to file, per Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings §3-904.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow understands how to pursue compensation given Maryland’s strict liability standards and filing deadlines. We can help you navigate Maryland’s legal system during our work together.
The Compensation You May Be Able to Recover in a Car Accident Case
Depending on the nature of your injuries, your car accident lawyer may be able to help you fight for the following types of compensatory damages:
- Repair costs for your vehicle
- Your vehicle’s cash value if your vehicle was totaled
- Medical treatment costs, including aftercare treatment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Income or wages you lost due to missing work to continue healing from your injuries
Your lawyer may suggest other damages based on your situation. An alternative set of damages may be available in a wrongful death case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
A Laurel car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow may be able to help you fight for compensation.
Call (410) 777-8960 today to speak with one of our team representatives in a free case evaluation. We can explain what legal options may be available to you, including how we might go about presenting your case. Once you are a client, you will be given a unique text number, which you can use to access our staff via text message 24/7.