After a preventable accident, your family needs and deserves compensation. You can recover this money and hold the at-fault party accountable by hiring our personal injury lawyer serving Cambridge, Maryland.
At MD Accident Law, we want all accident survivors and victims to get a fair chance of recovering a settlement or jury award. Our Cambridge personal injury lawyer can handle your entire case for you so that you can focus on recuperating and receiving medical care.
How Personal Injury Cases Work in Cambridge
After an accident, you have the right to consult with a personal injury firm like ours to learn about the merits of your case, determine your case’s monetary worth, and get legal guidance and support from someone who understands the law.
With Adam M. Smallow on the job, you would be free to focus on healing while we take care of everything else, including:
- Maintaining contact with the at-fault party and their legal team so you do not have to talk to them directly
- Staying in touch with you via a special phone number that you can use to text for assistance at any time
- Collecting evidence from doctors, the police, witnesses, and experts to build up your casefile
- Meeting with the insurance company to discuss your case in person and negotiate hard for the settlement you deserve
- Representing you in the courtroom by delivering oral statements, questioning witnesses, and ensuring the defense does not infringe upon your rights
- Recommending a medical provider who can treat your injuries
Your Right to Personal Injury Damages in Cambridge Can Expire
Keep in mind that state law only permits you to seek financial compensation for a limited time. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 allows you just three years from the accident date to begin a legal action against the liable party or parties. This deadline may be different in medical malpractice cases, where the time limit, found at Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109, is much more complex.
Our personal injury lawyers encourage prospective clients to get in touch with us right away after seeking medical treatment. This gives us plenty of time to protect your rights and figure out how to handle your case.
For legal consultation with a personal injury attorney in Cambridge, call (410)777-8960
Seeking Personal Injury Damages After a Cambridge Accident
The compensation you receive from a personal injury case could help your family in many ways, including by:
- Replacing the income you lost while you were recuperating and/or that you will lose in the future if you lost your job or your ability to work
- Allowing you to receive the medical care you need, regardless of whether your health insurance covers it
- Enabling you to repair or replace valuable property you lost in the accident, such as a motor vehicle
- Making it easier for you to pay for other services you need, such as childcare, housekeeping, or lawncare
- Ensuring that your family can pay bills and will not have to go without the things you are accustomed to having
Bodily Injuries Are Also Compensable in Maryland
Financial compensation also serves another purpose: compelling the responsible party to acknowledge how much damage they have done to you and your family. For this reason, you can seek compensation specifically for:
- The physical distress and suffering caused by your injury
- Emotional trauma stemming from the discomfort of the injury or the upsetting nature of the accident itself
- The fact that you can no longer perform basic activities for yourself or your family, like helping your children with their homework
- The harmful effect that the accident had on your relationship with loved ones
- Injuries that cause permanent disabilities and/or scarring
Our personal injury lawyers can talk with you to learn more about your case, including what losses you sustained. We can also collect evidence and consult legal formulas to figure out how much you should ask the at-fault party to pay you.
Cambridge Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
How Personal Injuries Happen in Cambridge
Any time a person or an organization chooses to disobey a law or rule designed to protect others, innocent people like you could pay the price. A Cambridge personal injury lawyer from MD Accident Law is prepared to represent clients who were injured due to:
- Traffic accidents: The first page of a study by Zero Deaths Maryland shows that there were over 28,000 injury crashes in the state in 2022. Traffic collisions may involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, buses, bicycles, and/or pedestrians.
- Boating accidents: Careless operators may cause a boating accident if they get distracted, drink while operating the boat, or panic when faced with potential danger.
- Premises liability accidents: Property owners have to make sure that hazards like slippery surfaces, broken walkways, and loose wiring are addressed in a timely manner.
- Medical malpractice: If your healthcare provider made a mistake like prescribing the wrong medication or misdiagnosing your condition, we can help you prove medical malpractice.
- Nursing home abuse: The nursing home itself or an individual employed by the nursing home could be liable if your loved one was not cared for properly.
Personal injury accidents can affect your mind, body, career, family life, and future. You do not have to let the liable party get away with their actions: our personal injury attorneys are ready and willing to help people like you fight for a just outcome.
When Personal Injuries Lead to Fatalities
What happens when someone passes away due to an accident like the ones listed above? Their surviving relatives have the right to file a claim or lawsuit for damages, such as:
- End-of-life expenses, including funeral costs
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
Adam M. Smallow handles wrongful death cases as well as personal injury cases. If you now must decide whether or not to file a wrongful death case, please accept our condolences and our assistance with your legal action.
Work With Our Cambridge Personal Injury Attorneys Today
The team at Adam M. Smallow has been helping people like you confront corporations and insurance companies for over ten years. Call us now to receive a free case evaluation. Our Cambridge personal injury lawyer can manage your entire legal case and even help you find the right doctor to treat your injury.