If you or someone you love was involved in a collision on Interstate 95 (I-95) in Maryland, our personal injury firm can help build a case for financial compensation by proving fault and establishing your losses.
Your lawyer will handle communications with insurers and other parties, meet all deadlines associated with your case, retrieve evidence to prove fault, negotiate for a fair settlement, and represent you at trial, if needed. We will even recommend medical professionals who can diagnose and treat your injuries – medical professionals that our staff and families trust with their own medical treatment.
How Can a Lawyer Help Prove Fault for an I-95 Car Accident?
An accident on I-95 can involve another passenger vehicle, a motorcycle, a large commercial truck, and many other types of vehicles that regularly use I-95. Our lawyers represent victims of car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more.
To prove the cause of your accident, your attorney can:
- Communicate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Collect all pertinent evidence and information, including photographs
- Work with expert witnesses or accident reconstruction specialists
Your lawyer will provide responsive representation to answer your questions, address your concerns, and regularly update you on the progress of your case. We provide a text number that you can use to get updates on your case.
Evidence Your Lawyer Can Help Retrieve
Your lawyer will collect evidence like accident and injury photographs because they tell the story of the accident and its outcome. Your lawyer will also seek other evidence that establishes the cause of the accident, including:
- Medical records and bills to prove the cause and cost of your injuries
- Statements and observations from eyewitnesses
- Your medical prognosis to prove the cost of future medical care
- Documents to prove the value of your lost income
In addition, Maryland is one of only a few states in the U.S. that still practices contributory negligence. That means that if you are even 1% at fault for an accident, state law will prohibit you from receiving any compensation at all. Your lawyer can help you build a case that establishes the at-fault driver bears full responsibility for the accident, and fight allegations that you contributed to the accident.
For legal consultation, call (410)777-8960
How Can a Lawyer Help Pursue Fair Compensation for Injuries and Losses?
A lawyer can help you create a list of your recoverable damages for your car accident and collect the evidence that proves their value. You can recover compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future loss of income
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Property damage or destruction
- Mental and emotional distress
A miscalculation of your recoverable damages can be costly because a settlement agreement is final. If your settlement does not cover all your losses, you could be left to cover them yourself. Your lawyer will help you negotiate for a fair settlement that covers all your short-term and long-term expenses and losses.
A Lawyer Can File Your Case Within the Statute of Limitations
The sooner you contact our firm, the sooner we can prepare your case and file paperwork, so you meet the deadline that applies to your case.
- If you or a loved one was hurt in the accident, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the accident, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- If a member of your family was fatally injured in the accident, the wrongful death statute of limitations is three years from the date of death, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
You must comply with the statute of limitations or risk losing your right to pursue damages for your car accident. Some factors, including the victim’s age, can affect the deadline that applies to your case. The best way to understand the statute of limitations for your case is to speak with a lawyer.
How Your Lawyer Can Help You Find Medical Treatment
Our firm will recommend medical professionals who can diagnose and treat your injuries. We only recommend doctors and specialists who we trust ourselves and would recommend to our own families.
Getting proper medical care after an accident is crucial to not only recover from your injuries but to document your injuries as well. Documenting your injuries can help connect them to the accident and prove the defendant’s liability for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Case Review After an I-95 Accident in Maryland
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident on I-95, a lawyer can help with your case from start to finish. Our attorneys can represent you in negotiations with insurance companies, and we’ll even represent you at trial, if necessary.
Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow by calling (410) 777-8960 today.