If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, or if a loved one was fatally injured, our Owings Mills personal injury lawyer can help you collect compensation. The truck driver, the company he drives for, or the company that made his truck or its parts could all bear liability.
When you trust the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to manage your case, we investigate and collect evidence to prove which party owed you a duty of care, breached it, and caused your subsequent injuries and financial damages. We use this information to accurately assign liability and pursue the funds you need.
Working with Our Law Firm Can Benefit Your Truck Accident Case
You can attempt to represent yourself against the at-fault party and their insurance company after your accident. Doing so can be risky, though. When we represent you, we make sure your case gets the attention and support it needs. You can trust that we’ll do everything possible to seek the best possible outcome.
Our law firm will:
- Obtain a copy of your police report
- Obtain and review your medical records
- Assess your financial damages
- Foster 24/7 communication via phone, text, and email
- Canvass the accident scene for photos and videos
- Complete and submit paperwork and documents
- Recommend healthcare providers where you can receive treatment
We will also communicate and negotiate with the at-fault party and their insurer. If your case goes to court, we will also represent you at trial.
How Our Contingency-Fee Agreement Works
Investigating a truck accident case, proving the at-fault driver’s financial liability, and fighting for compensation can be complicated and costly. It can involve the following upfront expenses — or costs that must be paid before your case is resolved:
- Court filing fees
- Evidence collection fees
- Expert witness consultations
- Deposition and discovery costs
- Costs to obtain records and reports
Our law firm covers all these costs when we represent you. In addition, we do not expect or receive any compensation until we reach a settlement or win a jury verdict for you.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Owings Mills, call (410)777-8960
We Carefully Assess the Value of Your Recoverable Damages
Understanding the damages you can recover after an accident is complicated. When we represent you, our truck accident lawyer serving Owings Mills will ensure the accuracy of your recoverable damages.
Our case assessment team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will calculate the value of your:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future income losses
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Funeral and burial costs, if applicable
We collect records and bills from every physician and facility where you received treatment. We also gather your employment records and other financial information. Our goal is to ensure your case is accurately assessed before we make a settlement demand.
Owings Mills Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Will Protect You Against Any Allegations of Fault
The at-fault driver may not readily admit fault in causing the truck accident. His insurance company might also be reluctant to compensate you for your injuries and related expenses.
Maryland is one of only four states with a contributory negligence law, which means you cannot receive any compensation at all if you are even one percent responsible for causing the accident. Our personal injury lawyer will prove the accident’s cause and help your case move forward toward compensation.
Act Quickly To Protect Your Right To Damages
While most truck accident cases settle through negotiations, our truck accident attorney may file a lawsuit if an out-of-court resolution isn’t feasible. Yet, your lawsuit must follow certain filing deadlines.
- The personal injury statute of limitations is typically three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is usually three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904.
The statute of limitations is complex and can change depending on the injured party’s age, certain actions the defendant takes, and many other factors. You do not have to interpret the filing deadline on your own or risk a costly misinterpretation of the appropriate deadline.
Our legal team will make sure your lawsuit is filed on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reviews and Testimonials Speak to Our Law Firm’s Commitment
Are you researching personal injury law firms to represent you after a truck accident? Here is how previous clients describe working with our team:
- Michelle Barr: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! There are not enough words in the world to describe my highest recommendation for the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. I put my complete trust and faith in this law firm, and it was definitely worth it.
- Roson Ray: My experience has been exceptional. The staff is friendly, understanding, and, most importantly, experienced, knowledgeable, and professional. You will not have any regrets choosing them for your legal needs. 10/10!
We fight hard for injured clients so you can focus on getting better. Your truck accident case is a priority for our entire team, so we work hard to ensure it gets the attention to detail it deserves.
What Should I Do After My Truck Accident in Owings Mills?
After getting hurt, your health should be your number one priority. We recommend seeking medical care as soon as possible. We can use the information you get from your doctor to support your truck accident claim.
Also: we ask that you leave all insurance-related communications to us. We will provide the insurer with all necessary information and combat any bad faith insurance practices.
Get a Free Review of Your Truck Accident Case
An Owings Mills truck accident can leave you with unexpected and unreimbursed losses. Our truck accident lawyer can help you recover these costs. Find out more by contacting one of our case review team members at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.