A truck accident can cost you your career, your social life, and your health. The liable party should help you shoulder the burden of such losses. Our lawyer serving Easton can help you confront that party and fight hard for the damages your family deserves.
Damages should include compensation for everything you have lost, but calculating your case’s worth—and identifying the at-fault party—is not always easy. An Easton personal injury lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can guide you through the process without charging upfront fees.
How to Get Truck Accident Compensation in Easton
The process of seeking compensation may seem straightforward on paper, but you could face all manner of challenges. Our Easton truck accident lawyer can make the legal process as stress-free as possible by:
Remaining Within Maryland’s Statute of Limitations
The Maryland statute of limitations imposes a deadline on anyone wishing to seek damages after a truck accident. You must file your case within three years of the crash for the legal system to consider it valid.
We urge anyone considering legal action to get in touch with us promptly. This way, we have plenty of time to weigh your options and get your case rolling.
Building Up Your Truck Accident Casefile
The liable party’s insurance company is responsible for paying accident survivors like you. Before they release compensation, however, we must prove to their satisfaction that their client is liable for your damages and that your injuries are exactly as severe as claimed. MD Accident Law can do this by:
- Collaborating with witnesses and experts
- Visiting the accident scene for ourselves
- Testifying on your behalf
- Requesting documentation from your doctor, police, and other relevant parties
Negotiating a Satisfactory Truck Accident Settlement for You
Insurance companies are accustomed to navigating legal actions, while most truck accident survivors are not. To make sure the insurance company does not take advantage of this fact, you can allow our personal injury team to:
- Handle all communications with the at-fault party and their insurer
- Negotiate hard for the compensation your family needs to get back on your feet
- Allow them to help you assess any settlement offers the insurer makes
- Represent you in the courtroom if we have to pursue a jury award rather than a settlement
Taking Full Advantage of Your Rights After an Easton Truck Accident
At MD Accident Law, we have over ten years of experience representing personal injury victims throughout Maryland. This experience has revealed time and time again that truck accidents are life-altering, traumatic events that no one should have to recover from alone. We put your needs first by:
- Helping you find the right doctor to oversee your treatment
- Charging no attorney’s fees until you receive compensation
- Staying in frequent contact with you through a unique phone number that you can use to reach us by text at any time
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Easton, call (410)777-8960
Getting Compensation for an Easton Truck Accident
Your truck accident settlement will be determined by what losses you suffered, as well as how much evidence we can find to prove your losses are directly linked to the crash. Below are some of the more common types of damages we seek for clients:
Non-Economic Damages for Truck Accidents
This is a broad category that includes all of the physical and mental suffering that your family has experienced, such as:
- The physical pain and discomfort of your injuries
- Emotional distress that makes it hard for you to feel happy, connect with loved ones, or complete daily tasks
- Loss of consortium or the deterioration of your relationship with close relatives
- A loss of independence that requires you to depend on loved ones for help or hire strangers to help you take care of dependents or your house
Medical Expenses After a Truck Crash
The more severe and long-lasting your truck accident injuries are, the more you may have to pay for hospital stays, medication, assistive devices, home nursing, and therapy (both physical and psychological).
With a settlement from the liable party, you may not have to worry about affording medical care again. Your damages could cover both past and future treatments.
Property Damage Caused by Truck Collisions
If your family depends on your one car to perform necessary tasks (e.g., going to work or grocery shopping), losing that vehicle in a truck crash can be devastating.
Your legal action could include the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, as well as travel expenses (e.g., public transport) that your family only incurred because of the damage to your car.
Easton Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who Can Be Considered At-Fault in Easton Truck Accidents?
Acts of negligence cause many truck accidents. As your truck accident attorney, it’s our responsibility to determine which party or parties were negligent enough to cause your accident. The at-fault party in your case might be:
- A trucking company that neglected vehicle maintenance, driver safety, or driver qualifications
- A driver who ignored traffic laws regarding speed or right of way, used a cell phone while driving
- A mechanic who failed to recognize a problem with the truck
- A manufacturer who allowed a faulty truck part to stay on the market, even after it was obvious that the part was dangerous
- The driver of a third vehicle who got in the truck’s path, causing a multi-car collision
Easton Truck Accidents do Not Need to Happen
The suffering you and your family have endured very likely could have been prevented if someone else chose to behave cautiously instead of recklessly. MD Accident Law, boasting an A+ BBB rating, would be proud to investigate your accident, find the responsible party, and hold them accountable for their actions.
After an Easton Truck Accident, Call Our Law Firm
It will cost you nothing to learn about the merits of your case from a member of our team. MD Accident Law is eager for the chance to help you secure fair compensation from a negligent driver or trucking company. Don’t settle for anyone else. Start by calling (410) 777-8960 today for a free evaluation before you hire our Easton truck accident lawyer to represent your case.