What to Do After an Accident
Don’t Panic. Call a Harford County Personal Injury Lawyer for Help!
motorcycles, or even unseen hazards can occur suddenly and without warning. Accidents
aren't really something we can plan or see coming ahead of time. They
can cause serious injuries and financial burdens, especially when you
are forced to take time off of work to recover. Thankfully there are laws
in place that allows accident victims to file personal injury claims.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, our dedicated
personal injury lawyer helps clients from our offices in Harford County and the Greater Baltimore
area. We know the law and can help you quickly and effectively file a
claim when you need legal assistance.
I’ve Been Injured. What Now?
Should the unthinkable happen, there are several important tips to remember
immediately after an accident:
- Call the police to help ensure the accurate exchange of information and
document the accident
- Request emergency medical assistance as your injuries may be more severe
than you think
- Call a family member or friend to provide you with assistance if necessary
- Preserve the facts and circumstances of the accident to help prevent disputes
- Take pictures of the scene and request the contact information of any witnesses
- Do not speak with the other vehicle’s insurance company
- Follow up with a physician if pain and injuries persist
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident
In is important to remember that you are under absolutely no obligation
to speak with anyone associated with the other person or company's
insurance. Due to the unfavorable laws in Maryland that relate to personal
injury claims, statements made to another insurance company can negatively
impact the value and viability of your personal injury claim.
Representation for Complex Claims
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow concentrates on maximizing the value
of your personal injury case as soon as you contact the firm. Time is
of the utmost importance. We offer
free consultations to discuss your accident and injuries. When you meet with us, we strive
to explain all the strategies that we can employ in order to obtain a
favorable result for your case.
Get started today by
contacting our Harford County office at (410) 877-6021.